Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My first post on the forum; I've recently bought a Spider Ph2 V6, sorting out basics like bump stop replacement etc. with the help of the posts here.

Today's problem - I have one working red single button remote control key. I have a second but it doesn't work and I sent it to Autotronics for repair and they said it was water damaged and beyond repair :-(. So, the key has the key shank and immobiliser microchip, but the remote part doesn't work. I also have the key card.

I've had a look at the various posts and I have two questions still:

1. Is there a good source of replacement keys? Very few on ebay, and second hand they are eye-wateringly expensive
2. Is it possible to get a separate remote fob that works with the factory fit alarm?

All ideas welcome. I'm sure one day I'll need a spare key...

Andy

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi,
My only remote key was also un-repairable and the plastic casings were damaged. I bought a few old keys, swapped the key blade into a good housing and coded the "new" key to the receiver in the car. If you have a key code you will be able to code another remote to your car. I have a few remote circuit boards but they may not be the same type as yours. Post a picture - if they are the same you can have a circuit board for £10 which you can swap and code to the car. The instructions to do this are here:-

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-andamp-916-spider/189526-how-to-program-keyless-entry-with-andamp-without-code.html

Regards
Jim

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
My only remote key was also un-repairable and the plastic casings were damaged. I bought a few old keys, swapped the key blade into a good housing and coded the "new" key to the receiver in the car. If you have a key code you will be able to code another remote to your car. I have a few remote circuit boards but they may not be the same type as yours. Post a picture - if they are the same you can have a circuit board for £10 which you can swap and code to the car. The instructions to do this are here:-

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-andamp-916-spider/189526-how-to-program-keyless-entry-with-andamp-without-code.html

Regards
Jim
Hi Jim,

Here's a photo of the casings and the circuit board. Hopefully one of yours matches - thanks very much for the offer.

cheers

Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Andy,
Sorry - had a look and the only boards I have are the wrong type.Yours has a triangular point on the right hand side in the image whereas the only ones I have are straight. I'm pretty sure they are not interchangeable. Keep looking though...
Regards
Jim

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
See if you can't get hold of a second hand key on eBay. All you need is a working board to transplant into your key. You'll need the receiver code to program in the replacement board. See my comments on the other recent thread about remotes and follow the link.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the helpful replies everyone. JimmyRea, appreciate your offer even though it didn't quite work out.

I've found a second hand Alfa key on ebay and ordered it. It's on the way so will report back on how I go, and if that doesn't work will have a go with the Fiat key that Davffc suggested.

Preprogramming instructions look pretty straightforwards, so finger crossed,

Andy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,

I've got the new key. Bad news is that the circuit board seems pretty unreliable, with the microswitch working sometimes and not others, plus there seem to be a few detached components....

Jim - good news, is that the "square board" seems to fit the same key shells as the "new" key had a square board. Can I take you up on your offer of one of your spare boards please in an earlier post. I'm pretty sure it'll fit, if that's still possible. I'll drop you a PM.

cheers

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts