Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another problem on the list:cry:
i now have a leak in the brake system some where.
no fuild leaks to be seen at any of the wheels, but there fuild leak of some kind underneath the
engine. i can not see the brake servo, but what would i need to be checking or looking out for.
i am a little concerned , but i can not look at the moment has it is very wet weather here.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Clutch slave? Slave feed pipe?

Or simply a brake pipe (not flexi hose, but one of the metal ones that around engine bay and front to back?

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Servo is within the passenger compartment - above the driver's feet - so the leak almost certainly isn't there.......as the brake and clutch fluid shares the same reservoir, its certainly worth checking the clutch slave cylinder and pipework.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i had the same a couple of weeks ago...was leaking from the front of the car on the passenger side...a very small amount each day.
turned out to be the clutch

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i had a spare hour this morning and had a look to see where the leak is.
there is not much room with the 2.4 jtd engine bay, i could see the top of the gearbox is wet, so jacked up the passenger side and looked up from under the car. i supect the slave clutch clyinder, but will have to wait until the weekend and take the battery out. if it is that, is it going to be a big job to replace it. i would do it myself with the help of a friend to keep the costs down.
if i need one, where would i get one cheap, or is it from the dealer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i found the leak, it is the fexily pipe coming of the slave clyinder and on to another unit fixed to the chassis y leg .
i need a new pipe or do a temperary repair until i get one.
i have high presure fuel pipe and do something with that, any idea,s and would it work.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it is not the flexy pipe that was leaking, it is the slave cylinder, now i have to remove it and replace.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just a update, i was talking to a mate who works for a company that makes brake pipes etc.
he said if you can remove the slave cylinder , he can replace the seals and leave it good as new.
i removed it today and 1 hour later i put it all back in and no leaks and a working clutch.
total cost £9.60.
you are probably thinking a tight fisted Irish man, but it saved me £40 and i would have to order that in and wait
a day or so to get it. in 1 hour i had the cluch working because i need the car on the road for work.
i am happy one more problem solved and just the front suspension to sort out now.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Well done - getting the slave cylinder out can be a real pain as they often seize in the mounting bracket....:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well done - getting the slave cylinder out can be a real pain as they often seize in the mounting bracket....:)
thanks, it was not easy but i am glad i have it sorted.
the front suspension is going to be another pain:cry:
can not wait to do that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts