Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well that sucks, looks like it's had a proper whack. Really sorry for you, hopefully fixable?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Absolutely gutted for you. Can it be salvaged? Looks like a door, wing, mirror, bumper and wheel are all that’s needed.

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
935 Posts
V6 as well, gutted. Fight to have it repaired.

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
8,684 Posts
That's really horrible to see. Gutted for you.
Hope you can somehow get it back in a roadworthy state.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Suspension, potentially subframe look ruined to me
I’m always optimistic when it comes to Alfas. Some parts look like they’ve been hit very hard but the bonnet looks ok which makes it look like it’s not too bad.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
F**king hell that's not just a simple scrape on the side. To do that sort of damage... Surely a neighbour or even yourself might have had doorbell footage of it maybe?!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guy in a C63 Merc apparently, which he pretty much wrecked in the process. I was parked behind a Jazz which got punted about 20 yards down the street into another parked car. A couple of the neighbours watched it happen, and got his plate — literally, it was lying in the road afterward.

It looks like he sideswiped mine and caught the front wheel, so the impact has gone through the suspension and mounting points, and bent god knows what. Shoved it into the kerb so hard that there's a chunk out of the nearside rim too.

I'd be surprised if it's fixable, but we'll see. It's only on about 63k miles, and apart from a recent check engine light it's been ten years with nothing besides the usual maintenance to worry about. No idea what I'd replace it with.

Thanks for all the sympathy anyway. I'll report back once I hear from the insurance.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Start looking at adverts of other GTV with similar mileage now, so you've got something to argue with if the insurer tries to write off at a low value.

Sadly I doubt even if it drives again it'll be grossly devalued as it'll be Cat S atleast...

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
935 Posts
Sounds like a £7000 car with that mileage if it was in good shape otherwise. The only way to replace a GTV is either a Fiat Coupe or another GTV. Shame the Merc driver was so jealous of your car they had to wreck it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
what a shame, looked a lovely car , I’d take the opportunity to turn a frown upside down and find one that is better or can be made better , 7k payout on that would be fair...and Winter can be a good time to pick up a bargain !

good luck with the insurance claim and the search for another one 🤞

·
Registered
7,864 Posts
looks like a fairly easy repair. Good luck whatever you decide to do...
Agreed, all parts are available from several well known sources. Breakers in Hoddesdon (Neil) has piles of spares, his garage and back garden are piled high with them. Plenty of other breakers as well. Lovely looking GTV V6, highly desirable colour combo, you simply can't allow it to be scrapped.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
If it were my car and I knew I had the means to look after it on a long term basis then I'd go out of my way to fix it.

But surely repairing that will lower it's potential value if it were ever to be sold on?

If that happened to me, I'd try and get a reasonable insurance settlement and move on as I'd be in no position to source parts and repair a car that I might not have in another say 5 years time.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Hope insurance plays ball. I've just had my car written off Cat b and it looked fixable to me.
That's had quite a knock so I'd be expecting it to be written off. Just hope you get the outcome you want.
All the best.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts