Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to change my oil and filter this weekend, and have a few q that need a,s

1, what is the recommended oil thickness 10-50 ? 10-60 ?
i do 90% or my driving on the motorway.
and i live in norway, so i do get cold weather.

2, the oil filter, i can get one from alfa and pay a fortunr for it, or i can go to my local autodealer and pay less, but i bet they dont stock alfa parts, so i wondered what other filter i can use, e.g. fiat stilo etc..... any other cars use the same filter?

3, how much oil do i need, is it 4.5litres or 5.5 etc?

4, should i use fully snyth, or semi snyth oil, i have 126,000km (about 70,000miles) on the clock, and it runs perfect :)

thanks guys n gals, looking forward to your answers :)

OOOOh the car is a 2003 156 1.8 sportback :)

K

·
0 Posts
The same filter will fit an assortment of other Alfas and Fiats. If you go to your parts seller (motor factor in the UK), they will look your car up in the filter maker's catalogue and it will give them a part number.

It won't be an Alfa filter it will be Fram (or whoever) oil filter no ABCXYZ12345 which fits your Alfa 156 along with a variety of other models.

Check with your Alfa dealer first though as I doubt they are that expensive. In the UK a genuine filter was cheaper than one from Halfords.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
The filters aren't that much. And mine was genuine and only cost me around 14 pounds if I remember rightly

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The filters aren't that much. And mine was genuine and only cost me around 14 pounds if I remember rightly
ok, then i will go to my stealer and get one there :)

Any ideas on my other 2 questions ?

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts