Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Don't know who it was who said that owning an Alfa was something every pistonhead should do before they die. No matter.

Took the plunge today and bought a '93 164 Super 24V. Looking forward to the experience.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and I'm not planning to use it as an engine donor for the Stratos replica - this car's for driving!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO, I think we need to see piccies of the 164 and the Stratos. :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome everybody.

Collected the car today and drove it the 100 or so miles home. Serious enjoyment and about 20mpg - bargain I'd say.

Jeremy Clarkson it was, thankx wrinx. Yes chris, I already know I want to... but new front tyres, four wheel alignment, free up throttle cable and investigate d-i-y cam and aux belt change first.

Getting out to take a pic of the 164 now.

Here's the Hawk Stratos that I've had about a year. It's about 12 years old and very nicely detailed but now in need of some updating and a bit of repainting. I did not build it, but the original build was so good that it has remained largely unaltered. Picture shows the car a couple of days or so after I first had it, getting some real leaded fuel for its 2 litre Lancia twin cam engine (which blew a head gasket not so long after). Replacement twin cam engine fitted but it really needs a 3 litre V6... Had it on show at the AROC Bristol show last week.

It can also be seen at Walker's Garage, prior to my ownership and wearing its larger rear wheels.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
...and here's the 164 Super 24V, just arrived home.:D

Note to animal lovers: a great number of flies were harmed in the making of this journey.:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts