Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, got me a 166...2litre in neptune blue..with momo leather interior,
am in cork , any meets happening later on this year??

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Welcome to AO.

you're in Cork but your profile/avatar says Dublin :)

BTW if you're ever in need of assistance feel free to drop me a Private Message [ PM ]

D

·
0 Posts
Welcome along. There will be a meet soon. You just missed our last one.

M

·
0 Posts
Ah the 166 the choice of the gentleman so how did I end up with one then but after spending 13 years working as a Technican for Alfa I have to say one of their best built motors....

·
Registered
698 Posts
If I was to go for one it would be the V6 I would look for.....!

And would avoid Alasta as much as I could. You have to keep your hand on your belt as you go past, or else someone will jump out from Alasta and sha*t you for even walking near them....

D

·
0 Posts
Lol, I have to agree about alasta. We went there to trade in our 147. Won't be buying anything off that man.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I went over a few weeks ago to have a look at that 166. Everybody in the 166 lounge kept telling me that the interior is better quality in the facelift than in the one I have (the old one with the angry bug eye look). It's not at all true for that particular car, it looks very abused, I wouldn't buy that one.
theredx19, thanks for your opinion, however I just spent about 2k on the belt+pump+maf. I still have to do the suspension and the exhaust, but not this year - unless I can figure out at least 5 of next weeks lotto numbers :)
Is there a consensus about avoiding Alasta Autos? I was told Gery's son is working for them...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I went over a few weeks ago to have a look at that 166. Everybody in the 166 lounge kept telling me that the interior is better quality in the facelift than in the one I have (the old one with the angry bug eye look). It's not at all true for that particular car, it looks very abused, I wouldn't buy that one.
theredx19, thanks for your opinion, however I just spent about 2k on the belt+pump+maf. I still have to do the suspension and the exhaust, but not this year - unless I can figure out at least 5 of next weeks lotto numbers :)
Is there a consensus about avoiding Alasta Autos? I was told Gery's son is working for them...
True he is, when I was there he was working on a 166, he is very young though, about 18 maybe, but I suppose he has got a great teacher!

M

·
0 Posts
Well I have the kettle on and the posh biscuits on the table and sure you can have a gander at some of my toys...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts