Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 2.0 JTDM2 and its just flown through its 5th MOT. The last MOT got me advisories about the brake rotors, I changed all the pads and disks earlier on this year and it just goes to prove look after your car and it will look after you!

·
Registered
38,248 Posts
Any issues with the smoke test?

Ours only just scraped through despite being well looked after and totally standard.

·
Registered
35,724 Posts
I have a 2010 2.0 JTDM2 and its just flown through its 5th MOT. The last MOT got me advisories about the brake rotors, I changed all the pads and disks earlier on this year and it just goes to prove look after your car and it will look after you!
Congratulations. I'm not surprised though with a well-loved Giulietta. When I took my previous one for its second Mot they couldn't believe how new it looked as a 12000 mile a year car. It's all pretty proven stuff and as long as you keep on the top of consumables you should be fine. The diesel thing is interesting , with Symon's recent experience though.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No issues with the smoke test but I had heard of others with similar problems with older cars so I did a forced DPF regen using MES before I put the car into the test station. Strange thing is the certificate format seems to change every time I go, sometimes I get an emissions certificate and sometimes I don't?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice one, my '11 plate is due in March so I'll be doing the service before then. Have you had any issues with the front suspension bushes? I've had an advisory for the last 2 years that the rear bushes on the front wishbones are worn but not excessively so might finally need to replace them this year.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Went for my MOT in October and like others, was slightly anxious about the new smoke test. Either way it was worry about nothing, it flew through.

Is my car standard you ask?! Well, I can neither confirm or deny ahem.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I got mine MOT'd a month after buying it. The inspector was very impressed with the car and kept commenting on how nice the design is.

·
Registered
38,248 Posts
If you have a diesel it will be worth sticking some injector cleaner in a couple of weeks before the test.

And an italian tune up on the way there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts