Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor Alfa just failed its MOT :-(

New front Discs and Upper suspension arms needed, but its currently sat in Turin Motors in Leeds getting all fixed again.

They gave me a lift to the Rail Station in a Sillyspeed they have and I was quite impressed with it. Never been in one befor, though of course the guy who owned it said to avoid them like the plague.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
oh dear that sucks:( it will be fine;)

mine just passed:D

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Well at least its nothing major and expensive

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
oh dear that sucks:( it will be fine;)

mine just passed:D
sorry little off topic here but was just wondering if that's your 156, it's stunning if so mine is the exact same colour, but without the spoiler, any ideas what sort of money i'd be looking at to get one fitted to mine?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
sorry little off topic here but was just wondering if that's your 156, it's stunning if so mine is the exact same colour, but without the spoiler, any ideas what sort of money i'd be looking at to get one fitted to mine?
it is indeed, thank you, rare colour:D:thumbs:

right, the spoiler can be had off ebay for anything between 30 and 100 quid. can come painted, but not likely in our colour. so you would need to pay someone to paint it unless your handy at spraying;) my body shop charged me £80 to spray a spoiler for my punto.

fitting, pass. its only 6 bolts. 3 either side if your confident;) otherwise id guess a body shop would probably charge around 50 quid, i dunno on that one.

could ask Dan (aka Pud237) if he has any. he works for autolusso:thumbs:

good luck, i think the BFOW, looks good:D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well picked it up this morning and the changing of the suspension arms has made a big difference. The front feels much tighter and the car seems to have a little more grip.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Well picked it up this morning and the changing of the suspension arms has made a big difference. The front feels much tighter and the car seems to have a little more grip.
did with mine, i had new arb and arb links and new bushes, when i picked it up it was like a new car, glad its sorted matey:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
it is indeed, thank you, rare colour:D:thumbs:

right, the spoiler can be had off ebay for anything between 30 and 100 quid. can come painted, but not likely in our colour. so you would need to pay someone to paint it unless your handy at spraying;) my body shop charged me £80 to spray a spoiler for my punto.

fitting, pass. its only 6 bolts. 3 either side if your confident;) otherwise id guess a body shop would probably charge around 50 quid, i dunno on that one.

could ask Dan (aka Pud237) if he has any. he works for autolusso:thumbs:

good luck, i think the BFOW, looks good:D
yeah must admit i haven't seen many this colour, was lucky i found it, in such good condition too, only problem i got with it is the undertray under the engine flapping about a bit other than that it's mint, nice white leather everything perfect. best car i ever had

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would respectively suggest that if you fit a spoiler, you should consider upgrading the support arms, otherwise you may have an unpleasant experience with the boot lid dropping fast!

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I would respectively suggest that if you fit a spoiler, you should consider upgrading the support arms, otherwise you may have an unpleasant experience with the boot lid dropping fast!
ok i will bear that in mind if i ever get around to fitting one (probably won't lol)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
my car is 7 years old, with apparently normal support arms, take it you mean the gas struts, which according to eper,i can only find one kind:confused:

anyway, 7 years old and boot a-ok:lol: you watch it fall on my head now:eek::cheese:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorry yes I mean the gas struts. I only mention it cos when I bought my 156 I had the factory fitted spoiler taken off. The struts weren't changed and the result is a pretty srtong resistance to closing the boot.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Sorry yes I mean the gas struts. I only mention it cos when I bought my 156 I had the factory fitted spoiler taken off. The struts weren't changed and the result is a pretty srtong resistance to closing the boot.
i know mate, im just trying to find em, as eper doesnt list them as far as i can see, and there getting pretty weak:rant: as rare as rocking horse poo:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts