Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I refit my ICS, is there an "audio out" within that multi pin cluster on the Becker unit that I can use to drive an amp in the boot?
Thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yes, according to the diagram I have it's Plug C (the top one), pins 1 & 2 (top row, 1st and second on the left respectively).

Pin 1 = left channel
Pin 2 = right channel

·
Registered
673 Posts
... but bear in mind also that there was an optional amp and extra speakers (for the rear parcel shelf) that could be specified for the 166 - called DSP - if you want to keep things original.

The results are pretty impressive (I had this setup on my first 166) and you can get hold of the relevant amp, bracket, speakers and loom second hand - but it's a bit of a mission to fit as the amp is actually in the boot, ahead of the battery...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... but bear in mind also that there was an optional amp and extra speakers (for the rear parcel shelf) that could be specified for the 166 - called DSP - if you want to keep things original.

The results are pretty impressive (I had this setup on my first 166) and you can get hold of the relevant amp, bracket, speakers and loom second hand - but it's a bit of a mission to fit as the amp is actually in the boot, ahead of the battery...
The search is on!

I have to get the cable for the CD changer into mine anyway as for some reason, my car came with fully electric heated memory seats but no changer, or even a cable for that matter so while the ICS is out, I'm running the cables as required
Thanks for the great news Jeremy:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts