Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the motorised hood.

So I drove back from London (100 miles) with the hood down.

Got home and went to put the hood up - all good until the final sequence. The top cover went where it should and the rear screen went down but would not lock. The light was flashing.

I turned off the ignition, pushed down the rear screen , used the second button behind the drivers seat and it locked the rear screen. I then manually locked the front screen so now I have the hood up.

If I go to try to lower the hood all I get is a flashing light on hood control.

Help.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a similar problem after fitting my new rear window section. I disconnected the battery, left it over night and the next day worked fine. Apparently the control units can get a bit confused when you use the manual override switch or leave the hood half up/down if working on it.

I've noticed on mine since the new window section is in it's a bit tight so I now always let the rear section close and lock fully before manually locking the front top section. I found that sometimes when I locked the front section as soon as it was in place the rear would not lock properly.

Hope this helps

·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it all went well when I took it to Avanti in Ipswich - they spent some time but the interface would not connect but it started working - no charge and great service.

Today I spent 8 hours with the hood down using the central button and when I went to put it up the windows dropped but then nothing.

So I tried using the magic buttons but could not get the hood cover to release. I tried following the sequence in the handbook - which is wrong btw as it suggests releasing the rear cover by using the button that locks the rear screen - grr.
I tried seeing if there were cords to release the cover like the manual version but there are not.
So there I am thinking how the hell can I raise it if I cannot release the hood cover?

In the end I remember reading advice on here - use a rubber mallet and hit the motor whilst pressing the release button. I did and the hood cover unlocked - then the motor took over and it all went automatic.

I expect problems in the future.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
In the end I remember reading advice on here - use a rubber mallet and hit the motor whilst pressing the release button. I did and the hood cover unlocked - then the motor took over and it all went automatic.

I expect problems in the future.
I wonder if it might be a good idea to remove the motor/gearbox and see if the plastic gear can be rotated to an unused portion? I seem to remember seeing that mentioned somewhere.

-Alex

·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if it might be a good idea to remove the motor/gearbox and see if the plastic gear can be rotated to an unused portion? I seem to remember seeing that mentioned somewhere.

-Alex
I've read that too but the problems seem to be:-

a) Sometimes the cover will not unlatch - it latches OK
b) Sometimes the rear screen will not lock down as part the closing sequence so I use the buttons.

Most times it works perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts