Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Very very nice mate! Battery relocation is the next big job on my list but I'm leaning towards just getting a lithium battery and saving weight that way, much less complicated :rofl:

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Lovely.
Would you mind if I ask who you used for the work? I've been waiting on a company to get back to me re. alcantara interior handles and gaiters for several months and am slowly losing patience.
Feel free to PM if easier
Thank you
The gators, door pulls and steering wheel were all from MR Performance on Facebook, top quality as well considering the prices he charges, would recommend them without doubt.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Well, had my first big run out last weekend down to NAD, just a little 400 mile round trip.
Firstly have to say what a great day it was, the turnout was amazing, and saw some amazing cars.

Would like to say the journey went without incident, but it didn't as somewhere along the M1 is the contents of my power steering reservoir, which left me and the wife somewhere on a country lane off the M69.

It turned out a jubilee clip gave up on the return pipe,, so one Uber to halfords and back, and some very toasty arms to replace the clip and top up the fluid, and we were on our way, could have been worse!

But we still managed to enter the Show and Shine, 1st place was a nice outcome after the trip down, and cleaning ps fluid off the back of the car at 6am on a Sunday morning in a travelodge car park :rofl: but as good as that was the interest in the car, and the great reception it received despite being not exactly standard.

I've already got a few things on the list to do, but the better half's Spider is also sitting waiting for some attention,so some time will have to be spent on that while the weather is good.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Managed to get a day off on the sly to have a little tinker today, firstly got the air con fixed, regassed and all working, can you believe some numpty forgot to put seals on the pipe into the compressor, would be the last joint I checked, :smokin:
Also sorted the cross pipe for the duplex exhaust, bloody thing kept moving out of line and was annoying me, but I made a new hanger so it can't go anywhere anymore, although i like the sound of the Ragazzon, i have to say the fit has left a lot to be desired.

Last job was another annoying niggle, the seat backs.
When i refinished the seats i felt they looked a bit shabby compared to the rest of the seat's, which where in really good condition, so i thought I would try something different.

Its just some carbon effect sheet cut to shape and moulded to curve under the back rest, but i think i like it, looks tidier than what was there, and I can swap back easily if i go off them.

Sorry about the legs in the picture, they were in the car when i bought it and i can't get rid of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Managed to get a day off on the sly to have a little tinker today, firstly got the air con fixed, regassed and all working, can you believe some numpty forgot to put seals on the pipe into the compressor, would be the last joint I checked, :smokin:
Also sorted the cross pipe for the duplex exhaust, bloody thing kept moving out of line and was annoying me, but I made a new hanger so it can't go anywhere anymore, although i like the sound of the Ragazzon, i have to say the fit has left a lot to be desired.

Last job was another annoying niggle, the seat backs.
When i refinished the seats i felt they looked a bit shabby compared to the rest of the seat's, which where in really good condition, so i thought I would try something different.

Its just some carbon effect sheet cut to shape and moulded to curve under the back rest, but i think i like it, looks tidier than what was there, and I can swap back easily if i go off them.

Sorry about the legs in the picture, they were in the car when i bought it and i can't get rid of them.
Nice touch!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Not had a lot of time to do much lately, due to digging 5 40ft leylandii trees out of my back garden ready to build a new workshop since the GTA has now stolen my garage, but have managed a couple of small jobs.

Firstly i felt the intake pipe work was a bit too much red!, so i made up a new alloy one to fit the induction kit.

I know alloy and heat etc etc, but i tried a carbon one, and didn't like the look of it, so alloy it was.

Secondly, got the alignment set up at BTG performance now that everything is all settled in, great guys there that know their stuff, first time I've been somewhere that takes you out in the car and suggests tweaks to improve the handling, and i have to say it handles beautifully now, much sharper and more precise for a few little changes.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Bit slow posting up, but spent a weekend 2 weeks ago at the NEC Classic car show on the AROC stand.
Got invited after winning the Show and Shine at NAD earlier in the year.

Had a great weekend, despite the drive down in monsoon rain, followed by 5 hours on the Thursday cleaning dead leaves and crap off the car.

As always I was amazed at the response to the car, and I spent a lot of time chatting to fellow owners.

Attachments

61 - 70 of 70 Posts