Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered a supersprint for my 3.0 5 speed. I thought hard about the alfaholics system but couldn't justify the layout to myself.

I shall let you know if it has the desired effect.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here we go....

Supersprint Centre Pipe - Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V
Stainless steel
Supersprint code: 752623

Supersprint Rear Silencer - Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V
Stainless steel
Single 120 x 80mm oval tailpipe
Supersprint code: 752345

J

·
0 Posts
can we have some pics of the tailpipe set up and is it much nosier than a normal system?

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's neither race or powerloop. The pipe enters the silencer once, runs straight through, then exits as the tail pipe. So I suppose you'd call it a sport/street silencer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well it might be on the louder side when installing with the centre pipe rather than the silencer. If you look at the size of the silencer on the Supersprint rear. It isn't very big at all. Now look at the size of the silencer on the Supersprint centre exhaust.

The supersprint rear silencer with only the middle pipe will be loud becuase your taking the centre silence out and you will have a rear with a little silencer.

Personally I would rather have the centre with silencer. But then I prefer a quiet exhaust. Not a raspy racing one.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thanks Supersprint UK, you've explained it rather better than I could.

Thankfully you've confirmed what L&M told me when they went through the options.

J

·
0 Posts
Well it might be on the louder side when installing with the centre pipe rather than the silencer. If you look at the size of the silencer on the Supersprint rear. It isn't very big at all. Now look at the size of the silencer on the Supersprint centre exhaust.

The supersprint rear silencer with only the middle pipe will be loud becuase your taking the centre silence out and you will have a rear with a little silencer.

Personally I would rather have the centre with silencer. But then I prefer a quiet exhaust. Not a raspy racing one.
this is what i was trying to establish, i am looking for a replacement exhaust but i dont want something that is too loud....or chavvy...

But at the same time i want something that retains that rasp that the TS engine emits....i want the world on a stick :lol:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got the car back Saturday and I love it. Intoxicating noise, can't stop grinning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts