Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted these Carbs from e bay LINK.
On the listing the guy has said they are advertised elsewhere and he will cancel the listing if they sell so i asked him how much he wants for them and he said no, he will wait and see what happens with the auction (fair enough :confused: ). Anyway the auction was due to end @ 9:30pm so i came home especially to put a bid down before it ends, only to find he has ended the auction early and sold them for less than i was prepared to bid :mad: .
So I'm a bit pi$$ed off about it because they are a rare part for a X1/9 and mine has a fast road cam it would have been a perfect mod for me :( .

Rant over ;) .

Cheers.

Ash.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Oh well, he's lost out too. If he was goign to sell them anyway I can't see why he didn't accept your offer...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"If he was goign to sell them anyway I can't see why he didn't accept your offer..."

Exactly, A similar set up was for sale a few weeks ago and it sold for £350 and was bid up from very last minute bids. But this e-bayer seemed to want to stop people bidding at the last minute :confused: , and from what he's said on his listing there were a lot of other people waiting to place bids. I can only assume he was prepared to take less money to annoy people waiting to place bids at the last minute :mad: .

Why bid at the last minute you may ask, every one seems to, to stop people topping their bids and pushing the price up... its happened to me on other items, bidding 20p more than me at the final 30 seconds so i cant re-bid before the auction ends :mad: .

Never mind there will be another carb set up anyway (probably).

Cheers.

Ash.:)

A

·
0 Posts
As has been said on other ebay rants, the only way to cover yourself is to bid the maximum you are prepared to pay then leave it. If the bidding doesn't get that far you win, possibly for a lot less than your max bid, and if it goes above..they were too expensive anyway.

Thats what I do these days, I can no longer be arsed to do the last minute bidding bit, and if the auction ends early, as in this case, you are knackered as well. Anyway it all sounds a bit dodgy..so you might be better off in any event.

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
ive just been stiffed by a ****** who completely ignored the fact that i won the auction and sold the item(an alfa) to someone else:rolleyes: the 35 words you get for feedback just wont be enough for me to tell everyone what i think of him, but i will take great comfort from ruining his 100% feedback:D

·
Registered
938 Posts
EBAY Feedback,

Always look at the feedback first if not 100% or very close then don't bother, I buy & sell on ebay, have over 1200 positive feedback 99.9% (-0.1% due to idiot who left feedback for wrong person!!!) I don't run this as a business, but find it easy to satisfy my 'customers'.

If it looks dodgy, it is.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AlfaLincs, I agree that is the best way to deal on e bay, it is annoying when your bid is topped by a few pence more than your max bid in the last seconds though :mad: .
I may be better off anyway, dodgy bloke and the carb's would have made my car more juicy and i would have had to pay for them to be rebuilt :) .

StuKav "Id email him and tell him what you were prepared to bid for them....just to annoy him of course"
That is tempting :D .

JabberWocky, that is unfair sorry to hear you didn't get the car, at least you trashed his feedback!:D

Gentari, agreed, good advise.

Cheers.

Ash :) .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts