Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, just wanted to put my name in the hat as another Alfa owner with the 19" Ti wheels whos strayed away from the ludicrously expensive Pirelli P-zero Nero.

I've just had 2 front 245/40/19 Falken FK452's fitted to my car at a cost of £120 each from Camskills.

First impressions are good. Road noise appears down, grip seems excellent, tread pattern is very similar to the Pirellis. This is all whilst driving in the terrible weather conditions we have just now.

Overall i have no issues and i'm glad I went for the exceptionally cheaper Falkens.

Just my 2 pence! :thumbs:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would advise to steer clear of Pirellis in general. I Sotto Zero (Series I) and P Zero Rosso on my 159, and both sets had some fault and were exchanged for free. Same thing happend on my Audi A3.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
good lad:D:thumbs:

·
Registered
475 Posts
sounds good please keep us updated on this.
just one question: load factors
my brera needs 96Y so is 98Y better so i can use them ?

A

·
0 Posts
Well guys, just wanted to put my name in the hat as another Alfa owner with the 19" Ti wheels whos strayed away from the ludicrously expensive Pirelli P-zero Nero.

I've just had 2 front 245/40/19 Falken FK452's fitted to my car at a cost of £120 each from Camskills.

First impressions are good. Road noise appears down, grip seems excellent, tread pattern is very similar to the Pirellis. This is all whilst driving in the terrible weather conditions we have just now.

Overall i have no issues and i'm glad I went for the exceptionally cheaper Falkens.

Just my 2 pence! :thumbs:
Any clearance issues?

·
Vendor
46,444 Posts
So 245/40/19s fit fine? I've heard of people using 245/35/19 before..

A

·
0 Posts
Hey dario is their any clearance issues we Alfisti wanna know and how the handling of the car now

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Chap!

Absolutely no clearance issues and the car seems to handle fine although I haven't pushed it much due to the bad weather. Road noise also seems down, so thats an added bonus!

The Falkens have a really good review for the price.

A

·
0 Posts
these are what I'm getting next time. because the wider the tyres better any car looks from behing, Like brazilian women :lol: the bigger their **** the sexier they look from behind :wow:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi Dario

Good Choice!! I've been running the exact same tyre on all four corners now for a while. (also £120 from camskill) I've done over 10,000 miles in them and still have 5mm on the fronts and 6 on the rear!

the Pirellis did 8,000 miles and were bald as a pigs bum when I changed them over,

I'm really pleased with the falkens, great tyre and if you look at the reviews all seem to say the same.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I put them on my BMW 335d when I had it and even with 330bhp through the rear wheels they performed really well so I'll have no hesitation fitting them on the spider.

D

·
0 Posts
every car ive had i put on falken tyres, they're going on my brera soon. you dont seem to get hold of them to easy but they're worth tracking down.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think I will be putting these boots on mine, once the time is up! Currently running the PZero's and whilst very happy with them - far too expensive!

·
Registered
570 Posts

Just looking around for the cheapest quotes. Was that price just delivered not fitted? Who did you get to fit them and how much did that cost?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I paid 118 per tyre from camskill then 15 quid a corner to fit, I used a mobile fitting service, they came to my house, fitted and balenced the tyres, I've used these guys beofre and they do a good job but are local to me (in Woburn)

£532 quid for all new rubber as opposed to £1000 for the contis or pirellis... bargain!

I can't say enough good stuff about hte Falkens, great tyre and for the money; unbeatable

1 - 20 of 29 Posts