Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed the passenger side door handle, after the usual fault ie snapped hinge. When I examined the broken one it is obvious that the two dissimilar metals,cast alloy and steel hinge pin have corroded and become completely seized resulting in breakage. I know that lubrication has been mentioned before. I would definitely fully endorse this as it will save you £65-70 on new handles. What are you waiting for get outside now and lube up, make it part of yourservice routine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question, don't know the definitive answer, on the replacement before I fitted it I packed it with copper slip, the other side I just used the straw on a can of Gt85 that I had, any lubrication would be better than none in my humble opinion.

·
Banned
857 Posts
Every time another thread pops up like this I use it as a reminder to spray some more silicone oil in and around my GT's handles.....

C

·
0 Posts
Might be worth noting that (IIRC) 147's and early GT's have alloy handles but later GT's (not sure about 147's) have plastic ones. Think they're a slighlty different colour too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts