Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Alfa Disco Volante (flying saucer) has won the 2013 conceot cars and prototype award.
It shares the 331 kw v8 motor with the 8c, topping out at 290kph.
In 2012, the award was also won by Alfa, the stunning 4c!

So, if you're driving an Alfa, you're driving a marque that has a rich and illustrious history.
Probably, no other motoring has won more awards and victories than Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats pretty cool! :cool:
Moments like these make me proud to be an Alfista!
(Ok....just driving my Alfa everyday..makes me feel proud!):thumbs:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Gents

instead of just making a new thread I decided to look for one similar to what I wanna post, but what a mission.Anyways read on..

Another win for Alfa's 4C by a german magazine wins auto trophy for the “Sportscars/Imported” category of the 26th edition of ’Auto Trophy’ and beat many prestigeous and more expensive models.

Well done to Alfa Romeo

Go read the positive article

Alfa Romeo 4C Wins ’Auto Trophy 2013’

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Spoke to another 4C LE buyer about this yesterday.

Alfaromeopress emailed this to subscribers yesterday. Nice as the reward is I think instead of gloating about awards Alfa/maser should rather worry about actually building and delivering the cars. They already a month behind schedule.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Whats the point of awards when its not rewarding to drive a new Alfa Romeo?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Whats the point of awards when its not rewarding to drive a new Alfa Romeo?
I get what you saying but Its still rewarding to drive a new 'late arrival' alfa, say like Mr P's 4C, hes really waiting, and sure its an absolute bummer, so it comes nxt year, so a positive- the values up, yet retains the original price and its still all shiney new.
Something exciting too look 4ward to for early 2014.

ok so maybe the 4C wasnt exactly a fair example- since it is in a class of its own and understandable that perfection takes time.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
It will only be the most exciting sports car on the planet once they actually start delivering it..

Seems like they falling further and further behind. Rumoured 4 months of delays. That would suggest delivery in June/July next year.

·
Registered
883 Posts
It will only be the most exciting sports car on the planet once they actually start delivering it..

Seems like they falling further and further behind. Rumoured 4 months of delays. That would suggest delivery in June/July next year.

Maybe so, but you are gonna be one of a very few. Still worth the wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts