Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here from South Devon.
Picked up my 159 2.4 JTD yesterday and had a smile on my face on the way home...

Diesel noise takes some getting used to on start up, but driving along the A303 was more than enjoyable.
First things to note (had a couple of 156's which I loved):

Interior (lusso) is a big, big improvement on Alfas I've been in before.
Let down on the inside is the quality of the auto shift lever, feels like lego!
Start up for the diesel is noisier and lumpier than I thought. Doesnt take too long to warm up.
Consumption (i know, i know) isnt great. In fact shockingly so round the South Devon lanes, but maybe I'm enjoying it too much at the moment!
That "tray" that sits under the engine is still a problem I see. I lost count of how many went on the 156s.
Before I got it (65k) it has had a new EGR, 3rd injector replacement (!?), new tyres all round and cam belt. Hopefully nothing major requires doing (though would like DPF remap).

Still love it though, bought from a decent garage so warranty in place....

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Hi And Welcome!

When the 2.4 is on song its a lovely sound for a diesel, especially when you give it some beans! Great to drive and a nice place to be. I agree the plastic on the autoshift lever isn't great, but I can forgive this one lapse :).

·
Administrator
87,619 Posts
Welcome to AO & congrats on your 159, great to hear you are enjoying it :thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome To‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░O░W░N░E░R░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★

1 - 10 of 10 Posts