Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.Have a '99 V6 of which the airbag light is on (bought it like this). So whipped out MultiECUScan with the cable Rarebear provided and found the fault to be passenger airbag circuit. Sooooooo had a nosey under the seat to check the connector, clean and reseat it........only to find.........the one connector (the one from the floor wiring) is ummmm.......non-existent.

Somebody had previously tried to solder things together again, but I can't find the connector (to try and resolder it back in). Ideally I'd like to get it fully operational and not fudge it by using a resistor.

Cables from the floor are coded 'White & Green' and 'White & Blue', while the connector block on the seat has wires Blue, Brown and Black. Question is, what is the combination for soldering the floor wires to the seat wires (assuming on of the ones for the chair will be ground)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated (as always).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just had another look, and the driver seat has a black box mounted beneath the seat (right at the front), while the passenger seat doesn't have one, thought the bracket is there.

G

·
Hi mate just tried to get some pics from my 147 but they disapear into the box without taking the seat out I cant see more than that will try and have a better look in the morning but cant help Sorry

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
a resistor is not a bad idea for the passengerseat, the wires connect to the pad in the seat that registers if someone is sitting there, usually after some years this pad is broken and renewing is a hell of a job ! so even if you solder the wires properly you still get the red warning LED....
(dont ask how I know :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha!

Been there done that! - well nearly :)
check out http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/377107-airbag-wiring.html

the black box mounted at the front of your seat may be the emergency Fuel Cut off switch. - essentially a ball bearing maintaining the contacts while the car is on 4 wheels - on roll over the ball will fall and break the supply to the fuel solenoid.
Thanks for the link. Why do I get this sneaky suspicion that Alfa built each car with different coloured wires :lol: I am a bit hesitant in soldering any of the cables together for fear of setting off the airbag.

a resistor is not a bad idea for the passengerseat, the wires connect to the pad in the seat that registers if someone is sitting there, usually after some years this pad is broken and renewing is a hell of a job ! so even if you solder the wires properly you still get the red warning LED....
(dont ask how I know :rolleyes:)
:lol: Probably would have been easier to buy a new interior eh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts