Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another 3.2 FL has appeared on Autotrader, at B&W Garage. Atlantic Grey again, boring black leather again...still missing the 18s, the Nav and the Sunroof. The spec on most of these was pretty poor, considering it was a run-out model. Where are the fully-loaded Brunello Red ones?

And they're asking for £9K :lol:

After looking at the thread elsewhere re Glass's Guide (http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/136818-166-what-its-worth.html), that's way overpriced, even for a dealer. If you traded it back to them the next day, you'd lose £6K :rolleyes:

Auto Trader UK - ALFA ROMEO 166 3.2 V6 24v Lusso

·
Registered
241 Posts
It does seem a bit expensive initially but B&W do normally manage to turn their cars over quite quickly so it will be interesting to watch.

I think you're right about the low spec - most F/L's aren't that loaded - this one seems a similar spec to mine - i.e. no options except heated seats! When I bought mine 3 years ago I did see a fully loaded Ti at a dealer in Hitchin but sadly it was way out of my price range...

Cheers

Philip

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Tony you do seem to be looking awfuly hard for a 3.2? I take it when you find a fully loaded 3.2 for £6K your not going to post it here! :D

Not sure that I agree with the idea that the 3.2 will depreciate like the rest of them. Its all ready a classic just in the same way a well sorted Elan will cost for £5K and have benn at that price for the last 5 years.

Stuart

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tony you do seem to be looking awfuly hard for a 3.2? I take it when you find a fully loaded 3.2 for £6K your not going to post it here!
:lol:. No, I'm not really in the market for one but I like to see what's available. My car is running well and it doesn't make much sense to spend a further £5K on something basically the same. You never know though, eh? :D

Not sure that I agree with the idea that the 3.2 will depreciate like the rest of them.
It already has, Stu! £30K new, realistically £5-6K now. Trade-in price £3K. It may increase in value in another 10 years but not by a lot - look at the 164s. Top price, what? £3K, £4K? When the 169 appears, everyone will be drooling over that instead.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Pomeo Van Winkle is away for a nap...Someone PM me when a 3.2 with all the trimmings is up for £500 including Vat.

Pomeo

·
Vendor
46,138 Posts
£9k.. They are having a laugh there aren't they :lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
............and a cam belt change !! :D
Originally Posted by Pomeo
Pomeo Van Winkle is away for a nap...Someone PM me when a 3.2 with all the trimmings is up for £500 including Vat.

Pomeo
Originally Posted by Tony Rome
plus a year's tax & insurance and a full tank of fuel, surely, Pomeo
............and a cam belt change !!
Ok Guys..slept longer than expected but well short of the 20 years...so surely there is one up for sale as above and now including

"New...exhaust,air "con" fan,oild cooler pipes,springs n shockies.rear bearing drop links "Badges".silver door pins (Sterling silver coated will do) free phone calls pertol and servicing for life (transeferrable to family members. (Oh no none of mine would take one in a lucky bag)..so fully transferrable to the next world. for £250.

Ah to dream to dream perchnace to slepp.... copyshight Pomeo "2008":D

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
............and a cam belt change !!
Actually, there's no mention of that, is there? And with 50,000 miles, it probably would need doing, so make that £10K :rolleyes:. The Desira one with the same mileage and cambelt done for £3K less looks better value than this one.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Still happy with mine ! :D

Has a stainless exhaust fitted last week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts