Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I know it has been covered many times before, and the previous threads have helped me, but I still can't solve my problem.

The aircon in my 156 has started blowing hot, even when set to cold, so;

- I've had it regassed
- Then checked it was holding the gas (Kwik Fit)
- The compressor kicks in
- All fuses are good
- I found the stepper motor and can see the spindle turning when switching from cold to hot.
Is this enough to confirm this is working or do I still need to take it out?

It blows cool ambient air when set to cold, just not conditioned air when the aircon is switched on.

Anything else I should try?

Any help gratefully received,

Antony

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
feel the aircon piping coming from the bulkhead (the bigger one) this should be ice cold when the AC is running. the other one should be hot.

then you know the AC part is working, and it's time to check the flaps and motors.

·
Registered
103 Posts
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/klojo_2006/DSC02493-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/klojo_2006/DSC02492.jpg

It is probably a flap motor, here in netherlands it is located on the left side of the removed clove compartment.

Yello arrow is the flap axel, red arrow the bolts to dismantle the flap moter in case it is not turning when adjusting to cold and warm, than replace the motor.

What about the inner temp sensor is has a little ventilator to measure the inside temp, is has to be clean and turning.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give the pipes a feel, thanks for that.

The flap motor does turn when adjusting from hot to cold, with both aircon on and off, so I'm happy with that.

I didn't check the inner temp sensor, another one to try (I've just put the glovebox back in...argh!)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, one pipe out of the aircon compressor was red hot and the other was cool to the touch. Not ice cold, but definitely cooler than ambient temp.

Does it sound like that is the culprit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts