Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than a week after Wrinx's 155 was broken into,mine was scratched whilst parked on a main road.I was in church at the time attending a family funeral.

It looks as though someone has come to park in front of me and got too close.They left white paint down the o/s front wing which continued on to the front bumper up to the corner which now has a chunk missing! :mad:

The white paint i have managed to polish out but two very fine scratches are still there which may come out with more polishing.The bumper is going to take a bit more work.I suppose i should be grateful the damage wasn't any bigger.

Under normal circumstances i would have been mad as hell but having come out of a church service surrounded by grieving relatives it didn't seem that important.

Wait until tomorrow-then i'll get really MAD!! :mad:

-----------------------------

Ian H

W

·
0 Posts
Ian

Sorry to hear that :( Dunno what you can do about filling bumpers, presume the black bit has been damaged???

Mine was involved in another scrape today, car in front on the dual carriageway ran over something which flipped into my bonnet and has put a few long and failry deep scratches on the nearside front of the bonnet :( It was a flat board of some description, about 18x12 inches. Could have been worse I suppose.

Hope you get it sorted ok, we 155er's don't seem to be having much luck recently.
And the replacement glass i got was the wrong colour tint so its gonna have to be fitted again!!

wrinx

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Wrinx

Yes it is the black bit of the bumper that has been damaged but now its finally stopped raining and i've had a chance to have a better look,its just the black coating thats come off but it still leaves an indent in the surface.

Don't know whether to risk giving it a rub with fine wet and dry or just touch it up with some black bumper polish. :confused:

Either way i'm still angry it happened in the first place! :mad:

On top of all this the bonnet release catch under the dash came away in my hand this morning. eek!

Never a dull moment eh!!! wink

----------------------------

Ian H

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I was on the M25 this week (serves me right for venturing south) when a foot square of thick fibreglass detached from a truck in frontand whacked the n/s wing.

Nice scratch, thanks mate.

W

·
0 Posts
Ian

You can buy bumper repair/filler paste but its not black! Perhaps Fasud can advise on this one???

wrinx

R

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes..

on a positive note, the 'black tops' of the bumpers can be re-finished, my recent rear damage included some superficial gouges and scratches and these have been re-surfaced brilliantly

good luck....

Raj

W

·
0 Posts
There ya go wink

Raj, can you do anything about my glass, its on back order since the day after receiving the wrong one :(

wrinx

F

·
0 Posts
i'm sure if you call someone like your local dentmaster, flying colors or chipsaway kinda guys they can repair these real cheap. They did a couple at my last place of work.

R

·
0 Posts
Wrinx,

no problem at all, gotta guy who has regular supplies.....anything you want man

oh ****, I thought you said 'grass',

sorry mate, if you can't get a part, no-one can! tried desira parts?? one of the uk's biggest suppliers, what about your guy at Autoworld, been meaning to call him about those headlamp protecters you posted about

Raj :D

F

·
0 Posts
hi guys fraid i cant help,tried all different sorts of sand paper,steel wool etc,nothing really works.only thing i did do once was i filled the gouge with knifing putty ,masked off the whole bumper grill and wings,sprayed the bumper 2 coats of primer 2 coats matt black it looked well an awfull lot of work though.it was my own car,only reason i done it.used the spray cans u get in any auto shop.there are some great plastic welding guys out there repair cracks dont know if they can do that kind of scrape.best of luck anyhow. :)
alan
- - - - - - - - - -
keep her clean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts