Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a bottomless pit of money my Spider really is:cry:

Knocking from the front = new lower arm needed (last done 3yrs/15k miles ago, although with non-OE parts I suspect).

Rattling from exhaust = Ragazzon rear section collapsed internally. 5yrs/40k miles old, so in a way I cant grumble too much, but they are supposed to last a lifetime.

Farty noise from the front = dead manifold and gasket. Re-furbished manifold and new gaskets ordered.

Ive ordered a new Biscione 128x80 rear section from Alfisti.net (€312) - comes with a muffler at least :lol: Im hoping that will quieten her down a bit along with the new fanimold.

Last money spent was in November - €400 for new CV joints and €200 a week earlier on brakes.

God I hope it gets through the rest of year without too much €€€ needed.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but what a car you have one of the best surely all the time work and money invested in it
Hi,

Thanks - ill never sell it, far too much $$$ spent on the bugger.

Ill not be happy until its remapped, painted and with new wheels though. Another couple K worth of spending :S

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I also spent everything I earned so far this year on the car.... new pads and discs all round, 2nd hand callipers at the front, new cambelt and tensioner, rear spoiler yet to be fitted, and had 2 silencers added to the exhaust to improve the noise.

Total is not horrific cause I did most of the work, but still... it's a hobby I guess

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Merc is dead a while ago - Volvo is doing well but 'needed' €250 spending on it last weekend.

Ill be well over €1k this month in car related expenses :S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts