Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go Boys and Girls... another Special Meet and Drive Out for owners of the 916-series, GTV/Spider...

This will be held on SUNDAY 22nd MAY (weekend after is BHW and best avoided!)

I will post an outline of the Route, once the event has been listed.

MEET POINT #1
As always, Notcutts Maidstone (J7 off M20)
Arrive early doors at 07:15hrs to depart by 07:30hrs

MEET POINT #2
Waitrose Superstore, Edenbridge (off one way system)
Arrival from Maidstone should be 08:20hrs to depart by 08:45hrs

PUB FINALE
The glorious Vine Inn at Tenterden.
Free public parking on a Sunday in the main car park.
Arrival will be around 14:00hrs and then make your way home from here

BASE RULES
- You must be driving a 916-series GTV/Spider
- Please drive with full dipped beams, so we can all see each other
- Please ensure sensible spacing between cars, to allow for the unknown!
- Please set your 2-way radio to Channel #6

The above is set out for both your Enjoyment and Safety of You and Your Pride and Joy!
No High Viz is required, unless you own one in Zoe Yellow :lol:

Newbies are very welcome, please do come along as it is a great day out - great roads - great scenary. Old hands will be seeing a revised route for 2016, with more looping around the Rye > Military Road > Brenzett and Camber road, best roads in SE corner!!

I look forward to welcoming everybody!

Cheers,

Paul

NOTE
There will be x2 more V6 model runs for July and Sept and I will also arrange an All Alfa models run for August (dates TBC, keep looking on SE Forum).

Surprisingly loads turned up this year for the All Models Run, normally it has been a waste of my time - hence I only do the "Specials"... BUT, I will make an effort to do another giving the success of March :thumbup:

·
Registered
681 Posts
As a newbie, I may well venture out to meet with others. Can someone point me in the right direction re getting a suitable two-way radio please.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a newbie, I may well venture out to meet with others. Can someone point me in the right direction re getting a suitable two-way radio please.
Look forward to meeting you.

Argos for some Radio's is fine, around £30.00 for a usable set - Binatone one's are good enough.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sounds good, how about these on eBay 171609594400? I'm liking the bargain price and they are click and collect at Argos as-well

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good, how about these on eBay 171609594400? I'm liking the bargain price and they are click and collect at Argos as-well
Yep! That will do - looks like the newer version of my Binatone set and £30 is all you need to spend. I would only buy a more serious 2-way Radio if I was doing a Euro Road Trip.

Please update your RSVP when you get chance. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How many members will join to this event?
In previous years of running this event, around x8 cars which is a good number for keeping together.

All depends if people are available on the subscribed date. Some people turn up last minute and not on the RSVP.

Hope you can make it.. The route is truly awesome and the pub in Tenterden is A1.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
would not mind joining if I am not busy with my son football
:thumbs:

Hopefully you can make it. Tomorrows weather looks good and I've always been lucky with this. :lol:

It's always been a good event and the noise fest, simply awesome!!

We should have reasonable numbers for a quick pace... Will be good to meet you.

Paul

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just over x3 weeks to go and looks like a good turn out for the 916-series meet / drive out day with a minimum of x6 cars and possibly x9+ :thumbup:

Always a great day out and love seeing peoples faces as a whole precision of these cars blasts by them :lol:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Morning All .... Weather's looking good for the weekend; so we should have a top day of driving :thumbup:

If your RSVP is currently sitting on "Maybe" - please can you update it by Saturday 21st to either a YES or NO; so I know if you are going to be there. Also, state which meeting point you'll be at. Thanks.

See you on the Sunday :yes:

Paul

·
Registered
483 Posts
I will not be attending as I will be at a local event
Clash of dates unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 66 Posts