Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a great daily driver on pistonheads earlier this week, a 1.6 147 converted to look like a GTA. Full leathers, wheels and body kit for £1700 bloody bargain. To top it off checked the insurance this afternoon and there was no difference in premium compared to my 1.3 corolla. Only downside is road tax is as much as the 3.2

Alas it was sold today. I'm very disappointed but that's what you get for dawdling.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Found a great daily driver on pistonheads earlier this week, a 1.6 147 converted to look like a GTA. Full leathers, wheels and body kit for £1700 bloody bargain. To top it off checked the insurance this afternoon and there was no difference in premium compared to my 1.3 corolla. Only downside is road tax is as much as the 3.2

Alas it was sold today. I'm very disappointed but that's what you get for dawdling.
I also spotted this one looked just like a gta very good replica , sorry to hear you missed out

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Maybe they dropped a cheap 1.6 engine/box in after the 3.2 died then pushed it as a replica? Hmm, that would be quite a bit of work too I guess.
Its still on pistonheads to view..

It was always a 1.6 they fitted gta front wings and bumper, rear is replica bumper, standard quarter panels (so not wide) and GTA bootlid...

Looks a pretty impressive job actually.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3522363.htm

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah not a bad job but wonder why there's different profile tyres front to rear. The backs defo look a higher profile. Overall a good job. For a daily smoker wouldn't you prefar something that is really good on diesel/tax etc. mk4 golf tdi or something. Save you a fortune in the long run

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drive 2 miles each way these days lol. I has a 306d which was crap on fuel as it never warmed up. Small petrels suite my needs best although the corolla lacks any flair. At least the 306 could take roundabouts sideways

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Wow TBH not bad that, but still a bit wrong!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
That was owned by someone on here a while ago because they done a pictures thread on it. bopught it cheap off ebay iirc. its weird because it looks exactly like my car apart from the handbrake/gear stick cover is a strange yellowy/orange colour and they said they were going to change it back to black :)

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
That was owned by someone on here a while ago because they done a pictures thread on it. bopught it cheap off ebay iirc. its weird because it looks exactly like my car apart from the handbrake/gear stick cover is a strange yellowy/orange colour and they said they were going to change it back to black :)
I prefer your's though as it's a REAL GTA :D

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It only came to my attention as there is a guy on my Facebook who is after a GTA but can't really afford one and someone posted the link. He didn't want it as it would be a bit of a let down having the looks without the go. Having a real GTA is the garage would have helped me get over that.

I'm glad it sold really as it would have been a bad move for my finances. Gas man came today and condemned my boiler and switched the gas off. It is probably just a leak in the supply pipe but won't know what the bill will be until he finds out what the problem is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts