Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I clean my car every weekend, and sometimes during the week if has got dirty (I like to keep it clean - maybe a bit of OCD on my part).

Anyway, I always get passers by interupting my cleaning with comments such as:

1. "Clean it too much and you'll wash the paint off"
2. "Can you do mine when you're finished"
My personal favourite:
3. "You'll make it rain!"

Does anybody else suffer the same, and if so, what is your favourite annoying thing that people say to you to interupt you?

The answers to the above are:
1. No it bl00dy well won't - it's not been painted with posterpaint!
2. No, you've probably got a **** car and not an Alfa!
3. Do you beleive in witchcraft? Cleaning a car isn't like doing a flippin rain dance!

I know, they're just being friendly etc etc etc

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
No, I don't really get that anymore :D

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Me neither, they say "Still at it mate?" or " Your'e always Graftin, aint cha?" So now when they get anywhere near I keep repeating Yep,Yep,Yep,Yep, loudly, 'til the've passed out of range!!

E

·
0 Posts
Not relating to that but, and I will admit to some minor anger issues. But on the train of an evening, when you get someone insist on making a totally pointless call to someone who obviously knows the work in London and will be on their way home. It always starts with....

"HI, I AM ON THE TRAIN!" You know then you are in for an unwanted insight into parts of someones private life you would rather not know :mad:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True

A woman on a train this evening having a similar annoying conversation. "I'm on a train at the moment"........"but I'm getting a car this week so won't be travelling by train no more" I heard 2 people in the packed carriage say "thank goodness for that!!" at exactly the same time. It was funny because she didn't hear them say it - or the rapturous laughter that followed!

B

·
0 Posts
If you're a veggie (I am) "don't you miss meat?" and if you ride a bike (I did) "aren't those things dangerous? I knew a bloke / neighbour / family friend who was killed on one".

Argggghhhhhhh :rolleyes:

@GeeTeeVee - brilliant!

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,213 Posts
me: "Erm, is it Tuesday today?"

*them*, in a response of quite unparalleled hilarity: "Yep, all day"

BOOM BOOM!

or: "I know what I was going to tell you".

or: "Now, what was I going to ask you?". Er, that despite my many skills, how come I'm not a fecking mind reader?

Other phrases that make me cringe: "g'wan mate, fill yer boots!"

God I could go on forever...

g

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
"Have a nice day!"

... don't tell me what sort of day to have!!!

:rant:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Most annoying thing is people telling you to cheer up, as if them saying that is magically going to make you really cheerful!

and last couple of days been getting annoyed at work by my Supervisor asking me constantly 'how's it going' or 'is the work going down' all day long - there's only so many times i can ignore her completely :rant:

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
... Oh yeah, and I've noticed a lot of telephone conversations I've had recently with gas/electricity/water/service of your choice -- they all end with "... and is there anything else I can do for you today?"

Yes, mate, you can bloody well pay my council tax/MOT/ cut my lawn etc.

Grrrr.... :mad:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Don't worry, it'll all come out in the wash.....like (&*%^ it will :mad: How does clean underwear help when you are arguing with red tape :rant: :rant:

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
What a miserable grumpy lot you all are :D :D :D

So what insightfull small talk do you come up with ? Or do you not bother engaging with others ?

;) :D

Go on then, let's hear the originality and wit. Let's put a positive lean on this instead of all this negativity. Constructive criticism guys :D

·
Registered
895 Posts
If you're a veggie (I am) "don't you miss meat?" and if you ride a bike (I did) "aren't those things dangerous? I knew a bloke / neighbour / family friend who was killed on one".
And if you drive an Alfa "Did you have any problems with the car? My wife's sister's mother-in-law's son's best friend's brother had an Alfa ten years ago and it kept breaking down."

:mad:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Should be used with caution, not to used by the inexperienced.

on topic, "sorry, that's not covered under the third year warranty"

Hasn't been said to me (yet?), but have heard it being said to the person next to me more than a few times,

1 - 20 of 110 Posts