Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All retailers are at it, but the supermarkets are the worst:

Make this a magical Christmas with Aldi.

Make this a special Christmas with Morrison’s

What on earth has Morrison’s got that’s going to make Christmas ‘special’? And, for that matter, what’s Aldi got that’s going to make Christmas ‘magical’? The ghost of Paul Daniels?

What audience are these sappy, soppy, near baby-talk like adverts aimed at? Supermarkets offer a huge number of consumer goods. Supermarkets have got a few new lines in for Christmas. We get that. So why not just say that? Why, year after year, churn out this cliched claptrap about making Christmas ‘magical’ or ‘special’? What is magical about the queues, finding an item is out of stock or the PDQ system going down?

Unless you have a very strange life, it won’t be a supermarket that makes your Christmas magical or special. For the sake of everyones’ intelligence, it would be nice if they stopped these daft claims.

·
Super Moderator
44,913 Posts
Sorry for derailing the thread G, but I'd totally forgotten that Paul Daniels had left us.

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for derailing the thread G, but I'd totally forgotten that Paul Daniels had left us.
No stress, boss. I won’t tell Paul if you won’t :)

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I’ve not seen that one yet, Cue. In fact, by luck or bad timing, I don’t think I have seen any John Lewis Christmas advert for the last five years. Maybe I am the wrong demographic so it is not beamed into my telly. ;-)

Maybe its lavish Christmas TV advert should end with: ‘John Lewis and Waitrose partners; this is where your 2019 bonus went’ :)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Surely if Argos were going to resurrect a Simple Minds track for the Christmas ad,they should have had the cahones to go for 'Book of Brilliant Things'. The 'ad awareness', just from p-taking, would have been immense

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
So long as they don't use the wording GIFTING then the christmas ads are nice!!

Gifting.......What and indeed the F do we use this Americanised (I guess I should have used a z instead of the s!!) made up word?? :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts