Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so firstly I'm going to have to make a confession, when I go on the train to/from work I travel first class, not because of the larger seats or even the availability of a seat, not because of all the extras you get (which on SWT is the square root of cluck all) ... no I travel in First Class so that I don't have to put up the minority of retarded plebs that sometimes travel in cattle class ...

... so tonight I get on my train in Waterloo sit myself down and start having a chat with MrsChris on the phone, at which point this child of about the age of 9 comes running through the first class carriage, ok not a problem I'm fairly tolerent ... then he comes running back (I presume back to his parent) ... ok not a problem again ... I don't even acknowledge him as I'm on the phone ... then he runs though again shouting this time ... hmmm something odd going on here, so I have a look and he's running up and down the entire carriage (not just first class)

Surely at the age of 9 (approx) he shouldn't be running about like this in a relatively packed commuter train, he didn't look retarded (at least I didn't see him lick any windows) so I can only assume that he is the result of some bad parenting ... :rolleyes:

He then proceeds to run back smacking the tables with his hands saying "wow nice tables" ... has this tard not seen a table on a train before??? :mad::mad:

anyway this proceeded until the Guard had a word with him :rolleyes:

·
Registered
948 Posts
:D You should have tripped him up with your umbrella, then whopped him on the bonce with your bowler hat...

First class is a bit of a let down these days, it all went downhill when they done away with compartments a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D You should have tripped him up with your umbrella, then whopped him on the bonce with your bowler hat...

First class is a bit of a let down these days, it all went downhill when they done away with compartments a couple of years ago.

:lol: More often than not I go into work in jeans/t-shirt so some of the looks I get from the toffs in FC is quite amusing

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
There's someone posting right now on another forum about the annoying person in first class on the phone the whole time..... :lol:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
It's a very sad thing to see when parents have difficulty controlling their children but all too easy to jump to the conclusion that they are bad parents. Very often these days that is the case but then there are the others who would give all they own for their children to be in the spectrum of what is considered typical behaviour for their age.:)

E

·
0 Posts
:eek: Bet thats the last time you get asked to babysit...
I hope if you have children they never get bullied, or picked on if they are different.

My Sister would never let my nephew behave that way in public, even though in his case it is more difficult.

In my experience either the parents don't care or are just as bad. I have had it twice on a flight, once last month on a Ryanair flight where two kids spent the whole flight climbing all of the spare seats and running up and down the aisle, the parents just ignored them the whole time. The other time, was coming back from Italy and I honestly don't know who was more annoying the kids or the parents none of whom seemed to find it possible to stay in their seat for more than 5 minutes.

And for the record Chris, the most annoying thing on my train commute is people on the phone ;)

"Yeah, I am on the train.... what sorry breaking up"
redial
"Yeah I am on the train went through a tunnel"

The worse thing mobile companies did was give 100's of free minutes so people seem to think the best time talk utter tosh to someone on the phone is for the entire train journey home at the end of the day.

STFU!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Best thing to do Chris is while the parents aren't looking, get the kids attention and stick your middle finger up. If they dont know what it means they'll run around sticking their middle finger up and then when the parents see them doing it and thrash the hell out of it :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Eddie whilst I sympathise with you, your sister and nephew, the point I think that should be made is that teh problem here was bad parenting not whether the child had somehting wrong

Obviously the parent(s) did not care about their child. Although had it been me a stratigically placed foot to trip may have come into play, or I would have followed the child back to the parent and had a word.

It is not a child's fault these days it is teh parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i was growing up I was told sit and behavce or I would

a) get a smack
b) get a wallop
c) not be taken out again

Nowadays because of all this and the "nanny" state it cannot happen

Start letting parents be parents and not someone who just says do what you like.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Trip him up.....mind I always feel guilty when their teeth fall out and blood comes from their nose......I still do it though :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
I refer you to teh point I made ie if the parents controlled them then they wouldnt be running and get tripped, therefore do not feel guilty just blame society and teh parents

E

·
0 Posts
Eddie whilst I sympathise with you, your sister and nephew, the point I think that should be made is that teh problem here was bad parenting not whether the child had somehting wrong
Erm the comment that maybe they had asspergers :rolleyes: Apologies for not finding that very funny.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Best thing to do Chris is while the parents aren't looking, get the kids attention and stick your middle finger up. If they dont know what it means they'll run around sticking their middle finger up and then when the parents see them doing it and thrash the hell out of it :D
I shut tell to to **** right off too :thumbs: the annoying little ****!!!

...teh...
I'm very close to starting a rant about people who can't spell the word "THE" !!!!:mad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts