Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then my ankle "goes". By that I mean it doesn't '"feel right" and this is often accompanied by general minor discomfort and then very sudden and incredible pain. This may last, like this even, a few hours. Eventually it reverts to normal.

My ankles are probably knackered. I used to play a lot of football and they took a pounding in 5-a-side. I think I've broken both ankles but it might have been one of them twice, but I can't recall which. It was years ago.

Anyway, any advice (other than see the quack) - this has been on and off since I quit footy about 10 yrs ago.

S

·
0 Posts
Every 10 years or so, I used to get this sudden shooting pain in my abdomen. The medics gave me strong painkillers and when I got out of hospital it looked like there was an extra kid running about.

I'm really worried that the medication caused double vision. Should I see a doctor about this?

L

·
0 Posts
Glucosamine. I use it for a buggered knee and it does help with joint pain.

Oh, sorry. Broke protocol there. Get over yourself SIF:lol:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Every now and then my ankle "goes". By that I mean it doesn't '"feel right" and this is often accompanied by general minor discomfort and then very sudden and incredible pain. This may last, like this even, a few hours. Eventually it reverts to normal.

My ankles are probably knackered. I used to play a lot of football and they took a pounding in 5-a-side. I think I've broken both ankles but it might have been one of them twice, but I can't recall which. It was years ago.

Anyway, any advice (other than see the quack) - this has been on and off since I quit footy about 10 yrs ago.
As someone who has broken both ankles and has snapped 4 ligaments in my ankles (2 both side in different injuries to the breaks - requiring surgery to put them back together); I think it's just something you may have to live with. I certainly get pain from time-to-time and it can make it difficult to walk but its just the way it is I suppose. Though if you have broken it in the past I would get an x-ray and make sure there isn't any floating bone or the bone didn't fuse properly when it healed?

But to follow protocol; If you're that worried, get a hacksaw and the cut the bloody thing off like a real man! :D

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
And there was me thinking it would have been your knees that wore out.

C

·
0 Posts
Pop round to mine one weekend. I'll MIG weld a couple of steel plates in it for you...Job done.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts