Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a nightmare journey to hubby's workplace tonight...

two suicidal cats, a fox and a very nearly unfortunate Rabbit....

I hate, HATE, hitting animals on the road, it makes me ill. I have only ever hit a squirrel on a country lane and had to pull over for a ciggy and ring my husband almost in tears.

I just dont understand why they run in front of you this way :confused: I know they were here first, and I am totally animal friendly, and fight or flight kicks in naturally with all animals (humans included) but why run in the path of an oncoming vehicle? or they do that hesitating thing...run...stop...look...run...stop...grrrrrrrr. Just go, cross or dont cross.

:rolleyes: guess this is an argument with nature and natural instinct I will never win

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
I know exactly what you mean, memories of past incidents will haunt me forever:(

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Had an incident with a dear a year ago or so. Natural selection I guess

·
0 Posts
Just missed a fox coming back from Knutsford earlier

Will try harder next time :elaugh:

V

·
0 Posts
fox's are a biatch, i hit one in my probe and although the front splitter decapitated it, the little f**ker got his revenge by denting my rad and causing it to leak.

forever running over rabbits on country lanes (milions of em at night) ive stopped trying to swerve as i found i was hitting more doing that as they jump left and right not knowing witch way to go

·
Registered
38,880 Posts
I had a Pheasant smash my windscreen once. That was scary as I was on the Motorway in the fast lane at the time.

I don't like hitting animals and will do what can to miss them, but sometimes there is not much you can do.

V

·
0 Posts
I had a Pheasant smash my windscreen once. That was scary as I was on the Motorway in the fast lane at the time.

I don't like hitting animals and will do what can to miss them, but sometimes there is not much you can do.
ive had one of them smash a fog light, was shocked it managed it as the glass on them is about 5mm thick :eek:

the basterd survived as well :mad:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I hate hitting animals, and have been known to almost 'off' the car, avoidiing them. I have noticed that, when driving on country roads at night, they seem to run along the road in front of you, I assume cos the road appears free from obstructions, and they can see really well, in the light from your headlamps. :rolleyes:

Turning off the lights, usually sees them scamper off into the verge. Strange, but true. :lol:

·
Registered
38,880 Posts
ive had one of them smash a fog light, was shocked it managed it as the glass on them is about 5mm thick :eek:

the basterd survived as well :mad:
I am pretty sure my one didn't survive.

I was actually suprised it didn't come through the screen, as it pushed the glass back past the steering wheel, cutting my hands in the process.

V

·
0 Posts
I am pretty sure my one didn't survive.

I was actually surprised it didn't come through the screen, as it pushed the glass back past the steering wheel, cutting my hands in the process.
:eek: scary

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
ran a rabbit over on the m4 once......i felt so bad....:eek:

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
missed a deer by inches about 10 years ago, in 25 years of driving I've killed only 4 rabbits. Every one of them more stupid than the last.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
iv ran over the same cat twice once, front wheel and back wheel, it then got up and crawled off to die. hate hitting animals, not nice:(

V

·
0 Posts
missed a deer by inches about 10 years ago, in 25 years of driving I've killed only 4 rabbits. Every one of them more stupid than the last.
4 :eek: thats a quiet night home for me, they really are everywhere

1 - 20 of 39 Posts