Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going down to Angouleme this weekend with some friends from AROCKES.

Its the 70th anniversary of the event and looks like being a great weekend if a little liquid (If you know what I mean)

Friday night we arrive in Angouleme via a brief blast around Le Mans. There is a concours in the public park at 20.45hrs. Winner wins his weight in cognac !

On Saturday we are off to the war memorial in Oradour then returning in the afternoon for another show in the Mayor's Garden.

Sunday is race day around a street circuit of this beautiful old town with cars from 1920-s - 50s should be a brilliant atmosphere.

Then a quick blast back to Caen to catch the late ferry on Monday night

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Lovely part of France. Was there a few months ago and again for New Year :cool:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed 6 laps of the track ! Great Atmosphere and superb racing, even at the end when there was a real deluge !

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
It was fantastic - a holiday to really remember. Looking forward to those pics and videos!
Think my shoes are nearly dry....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Shame there were no Alfas competing- but the best motorsport event I've ever attended by some margin. I totally agree with the comments re: the atmosphere. A good mate is seriously hoping to compete next year in a Midget- in which case I'd drive the Spider down for the Saturday excursion. An absolutely brilliant weekend. If I get the time to work out how to do it, I'll upload some photos.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Nice vids!

Wish I had a video of the Bugatti starting up in the mornings at the hotel..my god it sounded good!

Lots more pics to come too!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah we missed out there didn't we, but the time went so fast...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts