Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My phone came with a large number of apps pre-installed that I never use. Unlike the apps that I've installed, I cannot uninstall them through the applications menu. Is there any way of getting rid of them without rooting the phone?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Afraid not, or not that I know of. Rooting seems to be the only way. I have tried a few times to get rid of the bloat with no success.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured. It's out of warranty soon so I'm tempted to give rooting a go. . I reckon there's 50 mb of **** I don't want but can't shift to the memory card.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I've got an Asus Transformer and have loaded some images onto the gallery in a named folder. I wish to be able to select these in a specific order, the edit file says that they can be arranged if tagged/titled but I cannot find a way to re-name or re-number the images. Anyone know if this is possible ?

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
I've got an Asus Transformer and have loaded some images onto the gallery in a named folder. I wish to be able to select these in a specific order, the edit file says that they can be arranged if tagged/titled but I cannot find a way to re-name or re-number the images. Anyone know if this is possible ?
Writing this on my TPrime.

In your apps open the file manager.

Navigate to the folder where your pictures are stored. Find the file you want to re-name. On th right is a little triangle. Touch that and you get a small drop down menu with the option to rename the file.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I did as you said and all seemed to go well but when I changed the name the thumbnail image changed into a file icon and then could not be opened and also disappeared as an image from the gallery. Help !, any ideas?

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Returning to op, I've tried removing a few of the unwanted preloaded stuff without joy on my phone. I can probably disable them, but thats about all. Either way, I am worried in case it has a knock on effect with other functions. Am I right to be concerned?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
You can only disable unfortunately. You can download Bog standard Roms which give a decent improvement of speed. It will be like a nexus with no bloatware. XDA developers will be your friend for that

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
I did as you said and all seemed to go well but when I changed the name the thumbnail image changed into a file icon and then could not be opened and also disappeared as an image from the gallery. Help !, any ideas?
You will need to keep the same file extension for the system to recognise the file type. These are usually three letters after the full stop. I am only assuming this. Not tried it.

·
Banned
871 Posts
My phone came with a large number of apps pre-installed that I never use. Unlike the apps that I've installed, I cannot uninstall them through the applications menu. Is there any way of getting rid of them without rooting the phone?
If you haven't got it already, try downloading 'APK Manager', I have to use that to delete certain apps on my Samsung note.
When you open the app there's an uninstaller option, this lists all of your apps, then it's just a case of selecting the ones you want rid of. :thumbs:

Provided that APK is available on phones :)

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Glad it's all sorted.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you haven't got it already, try downloading 'APK Manager', I have to use that to delete certain apps on my Samsung note.
When you open the app there's an uninstaller option, this lists all of your apps, then it's just a case of selecting the ones you want rid of. :thumbs:

Provided that APK is available on phones :)
Cheers. I'll give it a go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts