Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff - Tool Or No Tool?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tool or no tool? :confused:

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
great at cricket

struggles at life sometimes, like a lot of sportsmen I suppose

N

·
0 Posts
Okay. Not a stunning piece of judgement on
his part, but:

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone..."

And it always ****es me off to hear/read about Journos
(Many of whom are probably drunken substance abusers)
pontificating about others going out on the lash.

:mad:

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Nev said:
Okay. Not a stunning piece of judgement on
his part, but:

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone..."
Nev mate, the guy is representing your country at a major sporting event and before a game gets so drunk to nearly drown?

What kind of example do you think it sets for young people looking up to him? How do you think it represents your country?

N

·
0 Posts
I know BF and I'm not really defending him for what he did.

But newspaper people behave like right drunken arseholes too.

And it was less than 10 years ago they used to love
selling papers on the back of the drunken antics of
most sportsmen.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Nev mate, the guy is representing your country at a major sporting event and before a game gets so drunk to nearly drown?

What kind of example do you think it sets for young people looking up to him? How do you think it represents your country?
Yes I agree, he's hardly the paragon of virtue is he.

Worst thing is, there are so many keen amateur sportspeople in this country in so many different sports (I include myself in this) who deprive themselves of booze/chips etc and train hard and have to fit this in with a 9 to 5 job and get no glory or money. They would give their right arm to compete at this level.

Mr Flintoff on the other hand gets paid for what he loves doing and gets to travel the world doing it. This it seems is not enough, he feels the need to get leathered and go out in a Pedalo rather than prepare for a crunch match.

Don't get me wrong, I like a drink and a good time but if I was in his situation I would do it in the off season and after a major tour, not during.

I think he should be sacked.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I think he's a bit of a character...not sure if that's good or bad though :)

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
He had a few too many in a nightclub and propper embarrassed himself, havent we all done this when had a bit too much to drink...

N

·
0 Posts
Yes they are but I don't think a journo plied him with drink and threw him off the pedal boat or did he... ;)
No but they have been known to get their most
attractive hackettes to entice dumb young
"celebs" to get them some weed and then
print a story about celebs being drug dealers
so anything is possible from the UK gutter press..... :lol:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Cheers Norbert, so he's a cricketer who got a bit drunk, I see.......

I don't think he did owt wrong. These sports personalities are put under huge pressure to perform, the press hound them relentlessly, knock them down when they don't perform perfectly, then knock them again when they blow off some steam. The poor buggers can't win :(

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
He had a few too many in a nightclub and propper embarrassed himself, havent we all done this when had a bit too much to drink...
No, we haven't all played at a Cricket or other major sports' World Cup and got p1ssed before a game.

Really, his behaviour is appalling.

V

·
0 Posts
As you well know Nev, I am no fan of the gutter press, but Flintoff has been a complete arse and deserves to be well punished for this. Time and time again we hear of sportsmen being selected to represent their country and then doing sh*t like this. It's just not on.

But on a really sad note, isn't it tragic about Bob Woolmer? :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts