Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AND, what OBD11 cable & software can I buy to get more detailed analysis of codes from my 147 1.6?

I have a windows 10 laptop and a Chromebook that I could use.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use the ELM scan5 together with the multiecu software. best tool i have ever had and its not expansive.

You might also need the K-Line with the crossing cables (red,green,yellow) for any airbag faults or different modules.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
You might not get it on the chromebook as mes is a windows-based prog.

It won't be obdII either. What year is the 147? It's probably EOBD though.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might not get it on the chromebook as mes is a windows-based prog.

It won't be obdII either. What year is the 147? It's probably EOBD though.
2006 facelift

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Cheapest option is Bluetooth plug from ebay or amazon and a free app on a phone or tablet. Torque is good on android. Odb Joe is good on windows.
Have to agree that mes is the best though for plots and it can see the airbag stuff.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The cheap apps will ONLY talk to the engine ECU. If you want brakes, airbags and body then only MES will communicate with those ECUs.

Plus MES will not only give codes but correct description / interpretation for each code that comes up and so much more.

The cheap apps are good for engine but are all limited.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The cheap apps will ONLY talk to the engine ECU. If you want brakes, airbags and body then only MES will communicate with those ECUs.

Plus MES will not only give codes but correct description / interpretation for each code that comes up and so much more.

The cheap apps are good for engine but are all limited.
kandlbarrett is right. it will mostly depend on the software some codes are specifically set by the manufacturer and thus for s universal tool will make no sense at all. I would get a proper ELM tool first of all the scan5 i got costed about 50£ and t can perform any operation in multiecuscan even calibrations and also connect to 90% of the fiat modules. For the other modules usually airbag and abs you might need the crossing cables or a k-line tool, it is a very cheap tool on ebay but driver installation for this on win 7 is a pain, I would expect the same in win 10.

Think of this tool as an investment. Without it your blind even when the car is clear of error there might still be something recorded in it

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
When I invested in AlfaDiag many years ago it paid for itself .. I had real throttle problems. So much so I couldn't get an MOT as the revs wouldn't hold steady between 2,500 and 3,000 ...

Turned out the Idle Actuator and ECU needed to be reset .. each time would have cost me about £80 at a dealer ..

I remember resetting that actuator about 5 times in one day!!

(Oh it was then we realised my oil separator valve between intake manifold and crankcase was also fooked! Hence the high idle speed too)

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I have recently tried to download Alfadiag several times but the download fails. Does anyone have a working download location or the setup files?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts