Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I saw the headlines and read that this scumbag had got an indefinite jail term I really thought he was getting what he deserved. It won't bring the lady back, but at least it looked like justice had been done.

But then you see that he only has to serve a minimum of 5 years :mad: I sincerely hope that he doesn't see the light of day for a lot longer than that :rant:

Scum

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:mad: :mad:

:rant: :rant:

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
''The Cherokee was allegedly being followed by police prior to the incident''........... Northumbria Police referred the matter to the Independent Police Complaints Commission, which decided no further action was necessary''..........

The guy's a t*at and completely irresponsible, but it looks like the police had something to do with it again...............

..Stop the joyriders...........ban police chases..

G

·
This is what you get when the government
is allowed to set sentencing guidelines so
low so as to pretend there is enough
room in UK prisons. :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :( :(

G

·
harleyriv said:
..Stop the joyriders...........ban police chases..
It's a difficult call, but if the police can't chase at all, how can they hope to catch the little sh*ts? There aren't enough helicopters around to follow them.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
it's too easy to blame the police, I think that's just a cop out (excuse the pun). The law is all wrong, this type of crime is murder and as such should carry the appropriate sentence.

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apparently he was spaced out on heroine at the time, so I don't think the fact that the police were following would have made much difference in this case.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
VO2Max said:
It's a difficult call, but if the police can't chase at all, how can they hope to catch the little sh*ts? There aren't enough helicopters around to follow them.
It's a dilemma Max, but on balance I think the police create more danger to others by pursuing joyriders. It should not be beyond the wit of the police to identify the crooks, (video them, track them by cell phone responses, or take advantage of the myriad of traffic surveillance cameras) and then pop round and arrest them.

I'm sorry but IMO police car chases serve no useful purpose, but are extremely risky to all those directly involved, and tragically also to those who are not.:(

·
Registered
433 Posts
sad story, and you know that he will probably only do the minimum sentence, whats the point of calling it an indefinite sentence when it isnt - its there to sound like the public and that ladies family are getting justice when obviously they are not.

G

·
I presume they were following him so that he could be caught and convicted........for the 18th!!! time. Wtf!

Bring back the Cat o' nine tails I say.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Not sure about giving police more helicopters either. They're damn good at waking you up at silly times hovering over your house. Excuse given on last occassion - they were aparantly chasing someone who'd not taken their medication.
Alas there's another very, very long tail. Sorry thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.