Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More a playful thought than a real concern, but am about to get a used Giulietta with Bose fitted. Sub lives in boot. Dog will live in boot. Will dog go entirely crazy with bass? Is there a way of turning down the sub frequencies if he does get unhappy?

Or should I just get rid of the dog and enjoy? :D

Robin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not my first preference! Hopefully won't have to deactivate it, but would be interested to know a) whether subs distress dogs and b) whether boot liners muck up the lovely Bose sound...

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I unplug the sub in the SW as I don't want dogface (my jack russell) to go deff

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
I am mindful of how loudly I play music when the dogs are in the back of the SW. There is no sublevel control function on the 159's factory headunit, and I presume the same on a G (adjusting 'bass' right down will help a little though). So, simply leave it at low volumes if the dog is back there.

:)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
There is no specific control to the sub in the Giulietta. As mentioned above you could turn the bass down on the head unit (-5 to +5 range). If you are playing music off an ipod that has equiliser controls (my ipod classic does) you could set that to bass reducer.

An alternative is to unplug the connector from the sub before loading the dog.

Not sure what effect additional boot liners will have. My Bass is't that great with nothing in the boot.
Saying that, it is better when i'm the only one in the car and can crank it up a bit.
I'll have to see what it's like with 2 suitcases on top of it in a few weeks time.

·
Administrator
47,167 Posts
Carry two Jack Russells in the back of the GTA, and never seemed to have a problem. Of course I don't have the music at deafening volume when they're there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice, everyone. Goes without saying that, if nothing else, I'll turn it right down when he's in there. Anyone know how simple it is to disconnect the Bose sub? Is it just a matter of pulling out an RCA or similar?

Will have to see how the boot liner affects things - that's one thing I'm reluctant to start removing every time he's not there.

One day to go until pick-up, though. STUPIDLY exciting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts