Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I sat across from a young lady on the train and smiled directly at her for a full 10 minutes.

Thrown off the train, and I was only trying to be friendly!:confused:

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Normally works but not if I am looking into a mirror.

V

·
0 Posts
Smile, and the whole world smiles with you! It's true.

Easier said than done though :lol:.

But Wattfield, staring at some bird you fancy on a train for a solid 10mins is just plain scary for the recipient of your attentions! :rolleyes: Unless she smiles back of course ;).

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i was working recently in a little town outside Swansea, the first time i walked through to the main office people smiled and said good morning, i smiled back and hurried along, this doesnt happen in newport, if you look at anyone here you usually end up in A&E.......eventually i got used to people being so nice, it was lovely and i really miss it now im back in the "port".....:)

K

·
0 Posts
I've never tried it but I do find that walking around in a permanent scowl as though the dog has shat in your slippers means that chuggers, big issue sellers and people who are carrying out important surveys give you a wide berth.

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
I've never tried it but I do find that walking around in a permanent scowl as though the dog has shat in your slippers means that chuggers, big issue sellers and people who are carrying out important surveys give you a wide berth.
Now that made me smile :)
Gives one such a sense achievement when you're the only one on the high st
that don't get pestered :thumbs:

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyway ... smile at the people you want to smile at ... you spot them a mile off

how can anything be more easy:)

M

·
0 Posts
:cheese:
You are right though. The moment you let your guard down, and then make the mistake of eye contact, they've got you:eek:
Only extreme avoidance action will work now....like turning around and walking in the opposite direction:lol:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Only extreme avoidance action will work now....like turning around and walking in the opposite direction:lol:

Noooo, in the nicest possible way say "No thank you, but have a lovely day". Never had a bad reaction yet.

Being from the Black Country one tends to smile at and talk to anyone and everyone. Gets me in trouble sometimes, but I'm happy and I love having a good natter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts