Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Saturday's exploits at SimplyAlfas (free plug, as it was a very enjoyable morning :)) I thought I'd show the finished product of my GTA.

Its nothing ground-breaking, but I feel I've done everything thats required without moving away from the original Alfa design philosophies, while still improving on what they offered ;)

Looks like a standard GTA..

The basics - Nuvelo White, Xenon's, 330mm Brembo's, Black/Black Leather, Connect+ Nav, 18" Tora Wheels.

Next up, the centre of the GTA universe - the engine:
- Autodelta 3.7l V6 (Stage1)
- Optional big valve head
- AD Intake

Estimated BHP is about 315-320, as I'm not sure what the head adds. I'd show you a picture, but it looks like a standard block, as I've not had the AD plenium.

Chassis/Drivetrain:
- Q2 diff (essential!)
- AD Coilovers (bit harsh, IMO)

Soundtrack:
- Supersprint unsilenced system
(Picture1) (Picture2)
And most importantly, in action - Clicky

And thats the lot. No more changes, other than maintenance. There are some mods that have crossed my mind (I liked Aubrey's short plate with no mount) and a change in suspension - but I've spent enough already :thumbs:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
About time you posted some details Matt ;) Good work fella.
Is she markedly quicker with the new engine?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thats the 1st White GTA ive seen and its GORGEOUS! I need to find a big shoe-horn to get that engine in my 147 :)

Must be silly fun with the extra mods too!

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
lovely noise :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Excellent work Matty.
Good set of mods you have got there on a beautiful looking car.
Your exhaust on that clip sounds bloody lovely. I think hearing that sways my exhaust decision a little.
How come you plumped for the unsilenced centre?? judging by that clip, it looks/sounds like youve made the right decision though. I do wonder how different the silenced and unsilenced sound :confused:
How do you find the noise on the road?
Are you getting the 3.7 fitted then lad??? If so, that'll be some piece of kit when youve finished, only drawback being the cost.
Am i right in thinking that the spec you list is the best part of £10k ?
Good work though fella, and as you say, you just gotta keep up with the maintenance now which aint plain sailing with these things. :cool: :)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Good man - sounds like an excellent list of upgrades and the last thing any of the GTA's need is too many cosmetic changes (I do like the quad exhausts, mind...).

In an ideal world I'd have the 3.7l conversion and quad exhausts/different diffuser on mine - but I've already spent a few grand on it this year and the cupboard is bare! I'd love a run in any GTA with a 3.7 in it, mind - it appeals to me much more than a supercharger.

And I absolutely love white 147GTA's - a superb colour.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Quality :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all :)

Is she markedly quicker with the new engine?
Quick enough to cause plenty of torque-steer at 7krpm. Definately a 2hands-on-the-wheel job. Biggist improvement is the improved mid-ranged torque, makes everyday driving much easier :)

Excellent work Matty.
Good set of mods you have got there on a beautiful looking car.
Your exhaust on that clip sounds bloody lovely. I think hearing that sways my exhaust decision a little.
How come you plumped for the unsilenced centre?? judging by that clip, it looks/sounds like youve made the right decision though. I do wonder how different the silenced and unsilenced sound :confused:
How do you find the noise on the road?
Are you getting the 3.7 fitted then lad??? If so, that'll be some piece of kit when youve finished, only drawback being the cost.
Am i right in thinking that the spec you list is the best part of £10k ?
Good work though fella, and as you say, you just gotta keep up with the maintenance now which aint plain sailing with these things. :cool: :)
I went for the unsilenced because I was told it reduced boomy-ness. Plus is was £50 cheaper ;) Its getting louder though, so not entirely sure I made the right decision. Time will tell. Sounds nice at 7k though!

The 3.7 is already fitted, btw :p And the final bill came at AD was...well, alot. You could buy another GTA for what I spent. Exhaust was £800, £250 for the diff, £800 for suspension, and thats just the parts. Its an expensive business!

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
The 3.7 is already fitted, btw :p And the final bill came at AD was...well, alot. You could buy another GTA for what I spent. Exhaust was £800, £250 for the diff, £800 for suspension, and thats just the parts. Its an expensive business!
:wow: :wow:
Wahey!!!! Even more congratulations Matty. Phworrrrrrr !!!!
I bet the run-in period is killing you.
I would say put some pics up but i suppose theres not much to show with regard to the engine. How about some more vids then, ??

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
MattyB and Pabloss need to have a race;)

And yes can we have some more vids please (you too Pabloss)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I went for the unsilenced because I was told it reduced boomy-ness. Plus is was £50 cheaper ;) Its getting louder though, so not entirely sure I made the right decision. Time will tell. Sounds nice at 7k though!
Matt,

I'll be VERY interested to know how it sounds, I had the Ragazzon unsilenced centre and Ragazzon back box on my old 147, it was very loud but also headache inducingly boomy and resonated a lot at anything under 3KRPM (which is most of my driving as I never see a motorway) I ended up buying the silenced centre section to give me some piece of mind which took the edge off both the resonation but also killed the lovely sporty rasp it had. :(

Do you think i'd be better off doing the same now for the Supersprint and the GTA?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Run in period is already done - 1500 miles with a 4.5k limiter was hard work, I tell you that much...

Suspension is AD's coilovers (not sure what make they are). Too harsh, IMO....great on smooth roads though.

Ghosty, its not overly boomy. Virtually silent on a run, but you do notice it when pulling away and moving around town. I'm pretty sensitive to that sort of stuff, and (at the moment) its perfectly bearable, and I do mainly town driving too.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Run in period is already done - 1500 miles with a 4.5k limiter was hard work, I tell you that much...

Suspension is AD's coilovers (not sure what make they are). Too harsh, IMO....great on smooth roads though.

Ghosty, its not overly boomy. Virtually silent on a run, but you do notice it when pulling away and moving around town. I'm pretty sensitive to that sort of stuff, and (at the moment) its perfectly bearable, and I do mainly town driving too.
Thats good i'll maintain my plan then :) should be ordering soon this week if OA gets his finger out... :lol:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Wow exellent news. Would love to see the car.

I'm planning a few upgrades/refresh on my GTA. Priced up the parts at approx £1500 but will fitting myself. Got a few days booked off to do the work!

·
Registered
478 Posts
YouTube - 147GTA, Supersprint, Unsilenced

Sounds fierce.

Definitely made the right choice out of the supersprint options, the silencer feels restrictive as a cat back normally, it really wouldn't work with increased displacement. How was the fit of the centre pipe in the end, does it open up from 60 to 70mm?

Ghosty, a ragazzon centre silencer or one fabricated by an exhaust shop to go with supersprint back box might make for a happy medium.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts