Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a quick note to say I am back in the 159 lounge after 12 months away.

Had a brilliant time in the GT for the last year, but the harshness of it has really put me off recently. So, the hunt for a 159 was back on.

At 10am Friday I shall be grinning madly as I drive away in a 2009 (58 plate) 159 LE. Cool.

If you don't know, the LE is an odd combination of a Lusso and a Ti.
It has the Lusso interior but with the Ti dash trim and steering wheel. It has the Ti suspension and wheels, but the wheels are in an anthracite colour.

This particular beauty also has a gentle remap, taking it to 185bhp and a 15% increase in economy. Done by Autograph in Burnley. Had a talk with the chap there about its history, told me the bonus about the remap.

Will post some decent photos when I get her, but here are a few to be going on with:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
There goes the neighbourhood!

Welcome back!

Knew you couldn't resit long.

Nice looking motor. Love the grey Ti wheels.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Marc, I knew yo would appreciate it!

Also has the Brembo brake set up, certainly pulls up better than the GT did.

Have promised myself I will never ever have a black car, this will be my 4th.......they just look so good when cleaned.

Wheels are as new.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Dont think you can beat a black 159 with the TI wheels... will you be adding the side skirts etc to complete the look? I always thought the LE had Lusso suspension though....

Is that another second city purchase?

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a Second City car, the 3rd I've had off them! Can't fault their service and attention to detail. The part ex price was also above book.

It has the 20mm lower suspension set up, assume it the same at the Ti.

Will see about the sills...........:cool:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tasty :thumbs: :thumbs:

You'll need to get your member car updated, and start one of those 'car history' type footers now ;)
I'm not tempting fate, so will amend the avatar and the status when I get it!

I'm aiming to have as many Alfas as I did Saabs, had 7 of those........:wow:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Nice one:thumbs:

Yes, the GT's are nice but they really are a poor compromise when compared to a 159:)

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all.

They had a black Ti with tan leather, which was another £1500 extra. But think the LE stands its own ground in the look stakes.

Best of both worlds.

The bad news is I have to wait another 37 hours before I get me hands on it.....!!

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking forward to being in the LE club.

According to the "how many are left" web site, there are 233 in the country.
So reasonably limited in number!

17 hours and counting..........

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking forward to being in the LE club.

According to the "how many are left" web site, there are 233 in the country.
So reasonably limited in number!

17 hours and counting..........

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Picked the 159 up at 10:45 today.

It had been prepared really well, looked lovely in the winter sun. All taxed and ready to go!

I am loving the quite, smooth ride, even on Ti suspension and 19" wheels it is like a magic carpet compared to the GT. Feels like I am sitting higher than the GT, even with the seat on its lowest setting, sure I will get used to that.
Forgot how big the wing mirrors are! You can see as far back as the late 1970s they are sooooo big!

The leather is lovely, soft but supportive. The leather in the GT had become quite shiny and smooth, especially on the drivers side. This leather seems to be wearing much better. Is the LE leather different to the Lusso spec? Seems to be softer?

I can already see I am going to miss the Bose, but the Blue and Me is a decent enough tool. Not sure what to make of the Blue and Me Nav dongle thing. Will read up on it. I get the feeling it may be appearing in the classifieds soon though.......:thumbs:

It is parked up in the work car park now. Can't drive it home until gone 5pm. :cry:

Love the shorter shift of the gear stick over the GT.

This one seems a perfect compromise between my previous 159 and the GT. Best of both worlds.

Pictures to follow.......

G

·
0 Posts
Hows doe the 1.9 JTDm engine in the 159 compare to it in the GT?

The reason I am asking as there is a 1.9 Ti up for sale near me that ticks the boxes but I said I wouldn't bother will a diesel after this one but the fact I have only had to spend £160 in fuel in the three months I have owned it is making me reconsider that statement :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts