Alfa Romeo Forum banner

An Opportunity Not To Be Missed !

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Nige005 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.

Been a bit quiet in here of late so I'll try to kick things off.

The Regional Support Staff really want to get the Regions going again so we are looking for new Regional Reps to help us with this.

It's a rewarding and fun job and you can spend as much time on it as you want or just enough to keep things going, it's really up to you. Naturally I'll give you all the help you want. You get full access to all areas of the AO site and can have a lot of fun, not to mention the satisfaction of being an active part of the AO team.

EA is a big area and although I'm not in any way suggesting we split the EA area up perhaps it would be good if we had two people involved, say North and South, who can each manage their own little bit and also work together as the EA team.

So, there must be someone out there willing to give it a go, is there ? If you are interested please get in touch with me or any of the Regional Support Team and have a chat about what is involved and how you can make a difference.

Go on - you know you really do want to !!!

See less See more
#2 ·
I often wonder what the unfortunate apathy is about the area in the Alfa community. Last year, I organised a local show stand attendance for the Mercedes club. (Biggest free show in the UK ).Not only did I manage to get plenty of local attendees, but also one came up from Devon, another from Lancashire and two more from at least 100 miles away +. One of our members even won a trophy out of over 1000 exhibitors. (They are extremely passionate about their cars). This coming year, I am standing down as I intend to devote more time to sailing. If only there was that spark of enthusiasm among local EA Alfa owners, the story could be the same.

#3 ·
Just a bit of advice, for however this pans out.

I used to run The AROC section for east Anglia about 10-15 years ago, the biggest single issue is the geographical size of EA coupled with its crap road network.

We tried regular single locations centrally, we tried scheduled roving locations throughout the 4 counties.

I would suggest splitting the area up, but use the road network as a guide, not the county boundaries.

Just my two Penrith worth.

#4 ·
Thanks for that, something to bear in mind as we know it's a huge and diverse area. If we can get some volunteers to take on the Rep(s) job(s) we can then look into this.

#5 ·
I tend to agree about splitting the area up. I believe that once this has been sliced up, (and I think at least into 4 sub-sections), more people will step forward for the roles presented. Occasionally all the sub sections could join forces for attendance at big events like Spring Alfa day etc.

#6 ·
Thanks for the input, it's all up for discussion, all we need now is for some folks to step up.....

#7 ·
Without doubt, Regional Car shows are my bag. Shows where I hustle and cajole for us to go as a group on a stand, spread the love of our cars and the forum.Talk to the public about the marque with enthusiasm. Loads throughout the spring & summer. if this was a regional position, then yes, I'm your man to organise these.

Going to a meet (sometimes miles away and on a weeknight after work, purely for a beer or meal or whatever else it may be, is not my scene and doesn't appeal. We have enough friends demanding our time now, and need to get some more sailing in this year. I even struggle sometimes to go my local car club meets, although I diligently pay my annual subs, as it generally involves sitting around chatting and drinking.
We're all different as to what we want, but surely proudly showing off your car at a show and others admiring it must have the "feel good factor".

#8 ·
I was the E Anglian rep a few years back.

I rotated meets at various locations in the area and this seemed to work although the majority of attendees were regulars. I think the largest meet was one Christmas when 20 or so cars (more people) turned up although between 4 and 10 were more usual.

I think the idea of splitting the region is a good one as the area is so large and there is a lack of a "local" feel to the area.

I enjoyed my time and it was not a huge commitment - my first meet consisted of me and one other person but it soon got to be more.

To whoever volunteers you will have at least one person at your first meet - me - although that may sound more like a threat than a promise!

#9 ·
Thanks for providing the info and encouragement Paul.

All we need now is someone......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.