Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can name names cos they were totally at fault, so here goes

Motorvogue Northampton.

This is the dealer i have ordered my new 155tb from - also we had a fiat 500 and a 120tb from them a couple months back (alfa and fiat dealer)

Interesting problem on the part exchange on the 500.

I had a letter on Monday from the PCP/Lease company about the unpaid two months finanace on the car we traded in.

Say what? The car we havnt had for 2 months cos Motorvogue took it as PX and settled the finance.

Or rather didnt.

For reasons too long to go in to, or perhaps an accident or oversight, they actually didnt pay the car off. So, they had a car for sale on their second hand forecourt that wasnt theirs, and I now have 2 months of missed payments on my credit record.

And a letter last night saying if its not paid by 27th of this month they are repossessing a car I dont have, striking my credit record with a default and coming after me.

Nice.

On the positive side, the sales manager at Motorvogue couldnt have been more helpful and cut a cheque whilst I waited on Tuesday.

Still, not exactly what I expected. So, if PX your car, ,ake sure that the finance is paid off by the dealer and dont just assume they did it!!!!!

G

·
Speak to the parties involved as it could be something and nothing, but don't let it drag on.

Solicitors tend to give a dealer a big boot up the bum, don't be a afraid to use one if you need to avert a bigger problem later.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i had the same with mine, they took ages to pay it off and if i hadnt have chased them repeatedly i was told that i would get letters etc chasing for money i shouldnt owe.

They got it sorted about a week after i rang up.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Good old Motor Vague:rolleyes:

I thought they'd improved but this is the 2nd negative thread I've rear in a week; One on here & one on the AROC forum:(

Hope your credit rating isn't affected!

G

·
When I've part exed cars with finance to settle, I've waited no more than 10 days for a completion letter from the finance company. On one ocassion when the letter didn't arrive, I called the finance company to check the finance had been settled......turns out the letter was simply delayed. Best to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im going to check tomorrow that the finance co have the cheque that i saw motorvogue put into an envelope last tuesday.

Its already got to the point where I ahve a letter from bank of scotland - the vehicles pcp owners - that if they dont have the money by 27th they are lodging a default with credit ref agencies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts