Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An Americano with hot milk on the side and a hot chocolate with marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles please. No squirty cream.

Anything else?

No thank you.

The chocolate today contains nuts, are you ok with that.

Yes.

You’re not allergic?

(Yes I am but I will eat it anyway) I don’t think so.

Hot chocolate put on tray and squirty cream pump hovering over cup.

No cream thank you.

Oh, did you say?

Glared at barista. Coffee and cold milk placed on tray.

Can I have hot milk please?…..(barista sighs, Kevin style)

Are you having an off day?…(barista scowls at her mate who’s giggling)

£4.95 please.

I’ve paid once. Do I have to pay again?

Oh sorry.

Thats what you get when you employ 15 year old staff.

·
Registered
15,191 Posts
Just the term barista irritates me. It implies something special when they basically work in a coffee shop. It's doubly annoying when they are as thick as mince.

Reactions: Harvo

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What annoys me about this particular cafe is that the older, long term and experienced staff are rushing around clearing the tables while the hormone riddled teenagers roll their eyes at customers.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Just the term barista irritates me. It implies something special when they basically work in a coffee shop. It's doubly annoying when they are as thick as mince.

Thick as mince...... Lol. Love it:thumbup:

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
In civilised countries any professional bar person
or waiting staff can work the coffee machine.

·
Administrator
23,070 Posts
I hate buying coffee in just about any coffee shop.

Years ago you asked for, say, four coffees, and in the time it took to get your wallet out there were four coffees on a tray.

Now they walk across to the controls to the star ship Enterprise and slowly work the myriad controls for what is basically the simple action of putting boiling water in cup. Heaven forfend if you want anything other than plain black as then the massively complicated procedure of heating milk in a nuclear reactor comes into play. All of this you have been watching repeatedly as you spend 15 minutes in the queue awaiting your turn.

Finally you get your order - well half of it as two cups at a time seem to be the maximum this state of the art glorified kettle can manage. So you have to watch the whole damn procedure again.

Grrr.....

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's very rare I go to the counter and place the order, my better half usually does it while she makes her mind up what she wants, drink and cake wise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts