Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've spent the grand total of £3529.00 on our GT & Spider:cry:

The GT needed some suspension work, some other bits & bobs, a service, MOT and investigation into poor cold running. Turned out to be a head gasket issue, probably made worse by recent overheating caused by a damaged radiator, so we ended up having it rebuilt over a period of 4 weeks.

Car has come back & is running sweet:thumbs:

Ned at Autolusso was great as usual as we agreed on a fixed price (£3k) once the extent of the work was clear. He also threw in something nice & shiny to soften the blow;)

Just hating taking it easy with it but it will haveva 4 week oil change & check over and will be good to go:thumbs:

The Spider had clutch hydraulic issues & needed the scuttle drain hoses changing.

Turned out to be a slave & master cylinder plus all associated pipe work.

Ably completed by Intaservices in Leicester despite them having a really traumatic week causing them to run 2 men down:mad:

So, a bonkers week for us & for our MasterCard.

Hence, Costa del Home for our leave this week.........

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
That's this years watch purchase down the pan then :(

Should have a nice strong reliable engine in the GT though :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's this years watch purchase down the pan then :(

Should have a nice strong reliable engine in the GT though :thumbs:
Indeed. Had the Silverstone in May though;)

The GT will now continue to act as Clare's daily driver passed April, not be retired as planned.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
:vomit:

This brings back memories of running my 156 V6! Never again I told myself... less than a year after selling it I'm back in a 147 :rolleyes:

Are we passionate about cars or just stupid??

·
Premium Member
45,021 Posts
They all hang at the back, bad design really due to only being attached at 3 sides. Once they're a few years old they start sagging and thats the beginning of the end, they'll start hitting speedbumps and before you know it a nice country road will drag it off. You can always drill a couple of holes through it at the back and then tie it up onto the front pipes with some wire. Its a bit of a lash up but it will keep it lifted and stop it getting damaged.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I got some snaps of your engine when it was being rebuilt Simon, and had the job of sticking my head in the car where the engine should of been.

Bet it's nice to have it back :)

My undertray hangs at the back too :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is Joe:) Taking it easy though so less than 4k rpm.

When I say hangs, I mean not attached / secured......

The engine looks mint & the powder coating was a really nice surprise:cool:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And now we've got a nail in one of the nearly new Conti Sport Contact 3's:(

It never rains but it pours:mad:

It's in the non-repairable zone so getting AL to fit one tomorrow along with sorting the undertray:)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Turned out to be repairable:D

The undertray was fixed back on but could do with renewing & while there, Wayne did the underside with Waxoyl underseal:thumbs:

V pleased with AL as usual:cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Ouch, but looks nice! Hope they both run well from now on......

Cheers,

Nigel

1 - 20 of 24 Posts