Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What's with all the insults:cry: I'm reaching for my cards if this continues:lol: ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Bring it on Super mod it won't make yer bum any smaller :p :lol:

Seriously I agree with Gibbster we're to busy bashing dealers It's nice to here a Positive :thumbs:

I'm trying to get summat like that sorted with Mangos but they are very friendly with the "Other Alfa Club" ;)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Not to put a downer on this....I live up the road from Platts and to be honest they are the last people I would go to. I find their salespeople not pleasant. I have to wear a eye patch all the the time and I called in to enquire a about one of there secondhand 156 v6. Lets just say I wasnt taken seriously . They couldn't even give me the right key. They wanted three times the car worth. It was a shed. Go in for a part and they dont have a clue . Found them expensive as well......

Glad you had a good time though..

Agree on all the above.
Had an awful experience with them and my 1st 159. Lied to my face, denied the re-spray, lied about other work that should have been done and wriggled out of everything in the end.

Please you had a good time though chaps and the people I knew there weren't mentioned. Perhaps they have left and the rot was dug out:confused:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
They do seem a very cohesive unit now so yes, perhaps, they have sorted themselves out:cool:

Get to see Mango's tomorrow (picking up GTleigh's new Brera with him) so will say hello to your 159 Hunter;)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
:cry::cry::cry:

Say hi to her for me....

Actually Simon, go have a poke around and see what she looks like ;):thumbs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!

Meet some of you crazy alfistis at this do, i was the guy in the blue jumper eating all the free food :lol:

The seat on the Alfa used to be qutie sloped back and far to low, but luckily its been moved up a bit now, id imagine its far easier to drive.

XBF relates to Staffordshire, its the code or something i think?

Squadrone Rosso your spot on, the main team from Platts have been there for ages, 30 years some of them i think!

As regards to the upholstery, apparently the seats were meant to be in the Enzo originally but were demmed to expensive, its woven carbon fiber, so they put them in the 8c instead!

Fluffy Bunny, im sorry to hear you had such a bad experience and i cant imagine anyone from platts being that way, i can say that there aftersales are the best in the country 3rd month running i think now? And there presentation of cars ive found is excellent, better than what i saw at the Porsche dealership in Wimslow. They just didnt care at all, sign the paper work and clear off basically.

I see what you mean by the swirling, perhaps just needs a more detailed clean.

Lets hope we see a 8c CM in Stoke in the future :)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts