Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, myself & Clare, GTleigh, Mrs GTleigh, his daughter & around 30 others had the honour of visiting the above dealership for an open evening organised by "the other Club":D

It was fantastic:D Learnt such a lot about the dealer network and the goings on with ARUK. Their DET, Adrian, really knows his stuff and how to instill confidence in the customer.Got to play with all the cars in the showroom including the new Brera S (those plastic inserts:tut: see 159 lounge) and the staggering 8c Competizione.

When I saw it I had a trouser incident:eek: When the MD fired it up & revved I nearly fainted:wow:

Got given a limited edition hard backed Brera S book / brochure too:thumbs:

Overall, what a excellent dealership and what a nice cohesive team of staff they have, most have which have worked together for a long time.

Thanks to Platt's & to my man JG for organising the visit.

Enjoy the pics below;)

Cheers,

Attachments

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
You lucky chap Simon :thumbs:

Just as an aside fella. A few weeks ago I saw a suggestion on here that there should be a sticky thread where people can sing the praises of official dealers. We do seem to be a bit (well a lot actually) balanced in favour of the independant and there are some excellent Main Dealers out there.

What do ya reckon :confused:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'd agree David. If you ever check out my posts in the 159, Brera & Spider technical section you'll see lots of balance from me and praise where it's due for the dealers:thumbs:

And Joe, there were swirls everywhere. Roy needs to pay it a visit;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Not to put a downer on this....I live up the road from Platts and to be honest they are the last people I would go to. I find their salespeople not pleasant. I have to wear a eye patch all the the time and I called in to enquire a about one of there secondhand 156 v6. Lets just say I wasnt taken seriously . They couldn't even give me the right key. They wanted three times the car worth. It was a shed. Go in for a part and they dont have a clue . Found them expensive as well......
I admit that I could be prejudging but dont first impressions count?
To be fair though I probally would give them a second chance.
And I do know adrian.

Glad you had a good time though..

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
You want to post that picture of the 8C's badge in the detailing lounge:- Its swirled up to ****!

What do they clean the cars with? Their Dads old Y fronts with fairy liquid and dirty water!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GTleigh did an excellent job on our GTV badge surround. It's 12 years old mind you & with 157k on the clock:eek:

·
Registered
442 Posts
The dealer I work at is having it's open evening next month I believe, i'm looking forward to it loads. Although the funny thing is nobody seems to know what's happening about it yet. :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chris Variava are doing a similar night I believe. I've already mentioned "our" invites;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I only know of Ray coming to the one at Longstones, the new South West dealership that I work at. I really should ask if anyone else is going to that from here. :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did, unfortunately I now have one massive arm and one normal sized one :cry:
That has absolutley nothing to do with T Cutting around the badge though Leigh:p :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts