Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Give it a year and everbody will have forgotten the naff charity version and go back to the original. If you want a decent cover of that song try Paul Wellers take on it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give it a year and everbody will have forgotten the naff charity version and go back to the original. If you want a decent cover of that song try Paul Wellers take on it.
I didn't know that Paul Weller had covered this. I've just listened to it.....his voice, and the 'way' in which he sings this song really carries across what made the original so special:thumbs:

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
The original song is just so beautiful.

Some things are best left WELL alone unless they can be matched. 'Sunny' by Stevie wonder (although Bobby Hebb sang it originally) was awesome but I prefer JK's version (which is one of my all time favourite songs). :cool:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Some things are best left WELL alone unless they can be matched. 'Sunny' by Stevie wonder (although Bobby Hebb sang it originally) was awesome but I prefer JK's version (which is one of my all time favourite songs). :cool:
DD used the word Awesome *s n i g g e r*

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Well, I wholeheartedly agree that the Rose Royce version is brilliant.

HOWEVER - treat yourself and listen to Seals rendition on his new album Soul2. I normally detest covers albums but that boy can sing - and how. His version of Wishing on a star is just divine and the entire album is just knockout.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
Well, I wholeheartedly agree that the Rose Royce version is brilliant.

HOWEVER - treat yourself and listen to Seals rendition on his new album Soul2. I normally detest covers albums but that boy can sing - and how. His version of Wishing on a star is just divine and the entire album is just knockout.

NOOOOO!!!:tut::tut::tut::tut::cry::cry::eek::eek::rant::rant::rant:

You are having a laugh!!!
Get your ears syringed that Seal version is complete and utter sheet!!!

(just spotted your status: ai proprio ragione!)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
^^^ Ahhhhhhh. From the days of REAL black music. Instead of the current crop of people talking crap over bits of someone elses hard work . . . . . . .

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts