Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so this chap is quite articulate and perceptive, and you may remember I posted his review of the Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130TC before Christmas.

Now he has got his paws on a GTV6 2.5 in metallic grey and has found a mountain pass to enjoy it. And by jimny, it sounds and looks fabulous! His criticisms are well observed, but even with those in mind, the GTV6 still has a captivating sorcery to it that you can't help but fall for. Maybe it's its delicious good looks, or that bellowing bear of engine, or...well, he will tell you more about what makes this relatively underpowered car so captivating, and why it gets under you skin. (the translated sub-titles are a little bit hit and miss, but the sentiment is 100% clear :) )

Also, also, also...he is so right about the smell (profumo) of an Alfa of that era (sweetly fragrant), and the sound of the door closing - it is a very light thunk/latching noise.

I can't believe I sold my GTV6. What a t1t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCHzuCeojgo

I would suggest that even if you don't like the GTV6, but if you wonder where your MiTo or Giulietta sups at its DNA source, it's worth watching this vid :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Davide Cironi is the man! Just a week ago I watched all his "reviews" of Lancia Delta Integrale. The videos are in Italian, even not all of them with English subtitles, but he can still express his love for "real" cars the way that anyone with petrol in his veins can easily understand... He makes me want to buy every car he talks about :thumbup:

Reactions: Dave Brink

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Davide Cironi is the man! Just a week ago I watched all his "reviews" of Lancia Delta Integrale. The videos are in Italian, even not all of them with English subtitles, but he can still express his love for "real" cars the way that anyone with petrol in his veins can easily understand... He makes me want to buy every car he talks about :thumbup:
agree - he is very articulate and unaffected. He loves good cars and his passion is infectious :biglaugh:

·
Registered
11,916 Posts
Ok, so this chap is quite articulate and perceptive, and you may remember I posted his review of the Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130TC before Christmas.

Now he has got his paws on a GTV6 2.5 in metallic grey and has found a mountain pass to enjoy it. And by jimny, it sounds and looks fabulous! His criticisms are well observed, but even with those in mind, the GTV6 still has a captivating sorcery to it that you can't help but fall for. Maybe it's its delicious good looks, or that bellowing bear of engine, or...well, he will tell you more about what makes this relatively underpowered car so captivating, and why it gets under you skin. (the translated sub-titles are a little bit hit and miss, but the sentiment is 100% clear :) )

Also, also, also...he is so right about the smell (profumo) of an Alfa of that era (sweetly fragrant), and the sound of the door closing - it is a very light thunk/latching noise.

I can't believe I sold my GTV6. What a t1t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCHzuCeojgo

I would suggest that even if you don't like the GTV6, but if you wonder where your MiTo or Giulietta sups at its DNA source, it's worth watching this vid :)
:thumbs:

Great video :) I'm looking for a GTV6 now! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Because of that video I had to get the 2 litre out at the weekend, love the violin of Arese reference

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Must finish the return to life of mine GTV6........:(

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts