Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just come back from Dunkerswell, met up with Rafe005 (Stu) and his Partner and little girl, thanks for a great day guys.

some pics of the Kart

250cc with a 6 speed sequential box, these things are rapid, vented drilled and grooved discs all round

In the final heat the rad decided to dislodge itself and have a chat with one of the disks, the damage

The racing was very close, the karts are an inch off the ground and they will easily hit 100mph :eek:

Stuart

Whist walking round the paddock i spotted Nigel Mansell, i was trying to get a picture of him, everytime he looked my way i would get the camera lined up and he would look away at the last min with a rye smile on his face, he is the one on the end sat down in the silver overalls

a really enjoyable afternoon and if any of you are considering coming to the SW karting then these will be the ones we are using.

the track was excellent lots not the usual tracks i have been on in the past

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cool pics

i love karting soooooo much fun

did you get to talk to the tash

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool pics

i love karting soooooo much fun

did you get to talk to the tash
No i didn't unfortunately, but a couple of times i saw him chatting to people and signing autographs, he struck me as totally laid back..

a quick clip, sorry about the quality..

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Cheers for coming bud :) was great to finally meet you. As i said, next practice you get to have a go :D Hopefully next time I may get a full heat in without something going wrong :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice pictures Jay, and good to see Stu and Roy back on the track :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Nice pictures Jay, and good to see Stu and Roy back on the track :thumbs:
unfortunately Roy had a bent chassis after his last..............ahem..............excursion over the rumble strips :lol: and now I need a new Rad (and carb, i was borrowing roys and when i opened her up it was all i could do to keep her pointing the right way :lol: )

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
We also spent some time getting Kirsten ready for her racing career :lol:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Go karting fairly regular, just "Pay as you Play", as I don't own one.

There is a Charity Endurance race each year between Ambulance, Police and Fire.

A reasonably good lap time round our local track (for an amatuer in one of their karts) is around the 54 second figure.
Most people were hitting around this time, which we, and the track marshalls thought was pretty good.

We have an Ambulance onsite, mostly for PR reasons, for photo shots and the like.

The crew that had volunteered their time to bring it down fancied that they could give us a good run for our money, and proceeded (obviously with the track owners permission) to thrash the motor round the track.

Average Go-Kart time = 54 secs... 4 Ton Merc' Sprinter Ambulance = 1:07

There were a couple of times you had to look away and whince, but what driving!!! :eek:

All these "Boy racer" types who think they can out drive anyone in their 1.4 Punto's / Corsa's / Clio's, etc, etc, KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

One of the guys video'd it and put it on Youtube, can't provide a link because one of the Managers found out and made him take it off. :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Ideal just bought a rad off a FZR400 from ebay for £22 incl delivery :D Thats 1 problem sorted at least :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
by the way Jay (and to put things in perspective) when you come and have a go in our karts, bear in mind that they are pumping out up to 695 bhp/tonne, thats 95 more than a bugatti veyron :thumbs:

Still coming for a drive ???? :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts