Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I was planning to convert my H pattern gearbox to semi automatic gearbox. It would be a project for me. And I want to share some of my ideas and ask a little help or opinion. I hope this is the correct category for the topic.

I will use (VAG) DSG hydraulic pump for the system. and I will use its oil pressure capabilities.

My Gearbox uses hydraulic clutch center bearing. Looks like this.

* for now I will only use it for clutch engagements. But I want to keep my clutch pedal as well. Because I don't want to deal with serious software problems. And waste time on how to roll the car in first gear. I want to drive it like F1 car. I want to use clutch to get on going. And automatize it rest of the diving.

* The problem is the current circuit of the clutch mechanism.

I cannot add oil pressure before the clutch piston. It would over-leak to reservoir or make it impossible to press the clutch pedal. And oil is shared with brake mechanism. I don't want to touch that.

I have a solution. I'm electrical engineer. And I want to make electrical clutch pedal. I will buy same throttle pedal as mine. And I put it as clutch pedal. I will command the pump to gain pressure or not. And I will control the clutch. I don't know if I would succeed it. And I don't know how it would be safe to use it like this. I know throttle pedal is safe. So it should be safe to run like this.

May I ask what is your opinion ?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to use any proper robotic gearbox. I need to make it my own. Because I don't want to deal with services in Turkey. I think I can do it better :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
ABS/Stability Control modules do just that.. They have the "normal" flow when you're just pressing the brake pedal but can actuate the brakes without the pedal being pressed.
Maybe get some ideas from there?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ABS/Stability Control modules do just that.. They have the "normal" flow when you're just pressing the brake pedal but can actuate the brakes without the pedal being pressed.
Maybe get some ideas from there?
I almost want to do it same. Only problem I don't know how will clutch pedal or reservoir act when I apply pressure from another source.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts