Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like cockroaches, the only other thing to survive Covid* (is that a bloke’s name by the way, like David?) will be estate agents. There is no force, disease or chemical known to man that can stop them.

Anyway, today I received a letter from one (not interested in naming and shaming) saying a family is interested in my property, as they are looking for a five bed with ample grounds and a double garage. I double checked that letter was actually for me and not someone else. Yep, it was for me.

The amusing bit is that the letter reassured me that it was not a circular... even allowing for the biggest stretch of the imagination, there’s no way my property can meet that family’s requirements. But it wasn’t a circular. Absolutely not. No way. Not ever. As if an estate agent would chance it.

(If I was bolder and less considerate, I would probably entertain the offer to see how long I could string them along for. What with it not being a circular and all that) :)

* actually, Once this nonsense is over, i wonder how many babies will be called Covid? ‘Coz we stocked up on so much bog roll and made it through because of that, when I popped, we named him Covid. It was that or calling him Bog Roll.’

Covid will be the son of shelf clearers, for sure :)

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Can we assume from the tone of your post that you do not in fact have a five bed house with ample grounds and a double garage.

Perhaps you ought to ask said Estate Agent to come round and value it.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not yet I don’t. :)

but if they want to value it at 30 eighty million billion Great British Pounds, they’re welcome to(y)

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
I keep getting postcards and flyers and mailers from real estate people demonstrating their skills by proclaiming that they've just sold another multiple-million-dollar property in my area. Well, sure, there may be some expensive real estate in the general vicinity, but this building does not, by any stretch of the imagination, even on the best days and viewed by the drunkest, most optimistic person in the world come, fit into the same price-bracket as these agents' successful deals. It is also very highly unlikely that the people living here could afford to purchase such extravagant properties (and if they could, why are they living here?).

All of this is to say, that if I'm ever in need of a real estate agent, I won't be calling any of the people who send me advertising, as they have clearly demonstrated that they don't understand the market or my needs as a buyer.

As for the COVID stuff, I really wish WHO had settled on a different name. I keep slipping up and I find I have to stop myself from saying or typing corvid--you know that family of birds containing crows and jays--and I don't always catch myself in time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts