Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't you just hate the drum n bass gang who insist on having so many amps and woofers in in their cars and cranking them up so loud that if you have the misfortune to be next to them at the traffic lights they will shake your car to death with the vibrations?

The real kicker though is remembering when you were young (dumb) enough to be doing the same thing ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
hahahahahahaha, i cant say nothing to this cause im bout to put a 12" sub in my car :lol:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
CM UK, Yea, wer'e dead stupid, well stupid if not quite dead! Remember parents saying " Turn that thing down a bit!" Then later in the day standing in front of massive speakers at 'A StonesConcert' 'Kinks Gig'. I can Hack It!! Let EM' boom box away, max volume, no sweat, need more recruits in the future to research this max volume Tinnitus, I can't turn off!! Bit of white noise helps a bit!:lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Why would anybody want to fit accessories that make the car's performance poorer?:confused:

If I want hi-fi I 'll have it in my living room. Not sure a car is accoustically the best place to be but I'll accept correction from anybody that knows better.

I don't really care if drivers want to damage their own hearing but I'd rather I didn't have to participate in the experience.

V

·
0 Posts
The annoying thing is with all that predominantly LF energy, they are not damaging their hearing, they are merely generating frequencies that cause maximum offence over a maximum distance to innocent bystanders. All it does is make their trousers flap in the wind :rolleyes: . If they were playing their music 'flat', there would be blood coming out of their ears. But hey, who knows, in a few years time, maybe the vibration from all that LF will have mashed the innards of their testicles and the little gets won't be able to procreate. Now that would be a positive advantage :D .

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If you like music you should have a nice audio system in your car.

I bet most people on this site listen to music in their cars more often than they do at home. And the ones who like to listen to their engines can always turn the volume down when the need arises.

Im not talking about the boom boom boys but about quality audio.

W

·
0 Posts
....But hey, who knows, in a few years time, maybe the vibration from all that LF will have mashed the innards of their testicles and the little gets won't be able to procreate. Now that would be a positive advantage :D .
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Had some old geezer parked opposite our house the other day...with some C+W nonsense blaring from an open window....not just the young and stupid it seems ;) :lol:

wrinx

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you like music you should have a nice audio system in your car.

I bet most people on this site listen to music in their cars more often than they do at home. And the ones who like to listen to their engines can always turn the volume down when the need arises.

Im not talking about the boom boom boys but about quality audio.
TBH i like my music but i never have it on in my car appart from certain occasions like im showing off goin into college or im with friends, nd friends is the only reeason why im fitting it really so ive got a bigger and better one than them :lol: . Id much rather listen to my exhaust especially when wizzing down a country road, get a certain satisfaction that makes me think "this is why i bought it" :cool:

V

·
0 Posts
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Had some old geezer parked opposite our house the other day...with some C+W nonsense blaring from an open window....not just the young and stupid it seems ;) :lol:

wrinx
And when he drives, does he wear a hat and swerve left and right across the carriageway rhythmically? I always used to think it was just old folk but apparently it's often C+W fans in cowboy hats, line-driving :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was at a comedy night last night, and one of the comedians described cars with over the top subwoofers as sounding "like a fat man being pounded with a melon" :cheese:

·
Registered
429 Posts
i've got an mp3/cd player, running through a 400 watt amp to 6x9's in the rear parcel shelf.

front and rear speakers have been upgraded, and also run through a 400 watt.

it sounds nice 'n clear in the car, but you can barely hear it outside. it certainly can't be heard 3 streets away !!

i will get another sub through time, it's amazing the difference it makes to the bass. i had a fairly expensive set up before, unfortunately it got stolen from my car. :cry:

need to get a new daily driver first, mazda isn't worth spending money on.

got outbid on a cracking looking 156 on fleabay 't other day. dammit ! lost it for the sake of 20 quid ! :mad:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Question or three for the anti sub in a car people.

How many of you have a home cinema system ( audio ) big or small.

How many of these systems have a sub with them. All I reckon.

How much depth and attack do action films lose if you disconnect the sub.

You really should try it:)

In a car a sub is even more important as road noise cancels low frequency sound.

Of course the " I want to be deaf brigade "are another story.:D

·
Registered
662 Posts
a mate of mine has very recently spent £2,000st on the sound system for his VW, now i have upgraded every car soundsystem ive ever owned but for £2k i would defo have bought something for my house along teh lines of a wall projector / warfdale DVD surround system and still had change for a sony explode basic system for teh car!

V

·
0 Posts
Suds, I don't think anyone here is 'anti-sub' (apart from the Trident ones), I think they are against their flagrant abuse. Some idiots have these flamin' things are so loud, the ornaments on my mantelpiece rattle from a car passing outside (and I am 10m back from the road!!) It's quite true what you say about the engine note/road noise masking most of the LF from the car stereo. It's all a matter of balance. There is definitely a 'buy as sub as big as you can and force it onto the general populus' brigade. Glad you're not one of them! ;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Perhaps urban myth but I have heard of car welds coming apart due to really loud subs assualting the car repeatedly! Physically seems poss. Anyone else ever seen/heard of this happening?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yes it can happen, but usually only in high SPL competition vehicles.

I saw an old Honda at A show in Daytona Beach a couple of years ago where the a pillers surrounding the windsreen were actually starting to peel away:eek: ....

Not my cup o tea, I believe in quality over quantity every time.

·
Registered
662 Posts
myth busters tested something similar to this and found that the air pressure will find a way out somewhere an that releives the stress on the car itself. in their test (using the biggest sub they could build with its own diesel engine!) it blew the sunroof about 6" in the air and then teh car settled down with no more damage after that. a smaller sub might not make a big enough vent for the air pressure tho so over time seriously shake the car

1 - 20 of 25 Posts